Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. J

FS Red Cherry Shrimps, Marmorkrebs, Chocolate Shrimps

20 Red Cherry Shrimps available again. It was held for someone pending payment Friday; well it's the end of Friday...so up for sale again!
  2. J

Inventory Update Red Cherry Shrimp SOLD OUT. Marmorkreb 2 Left. Chocolate Shrimps SOLD OUT. Thanks for the interest.
  3. J

Bowling Green, KY. Pick-up is always preferred...though SoCal may be a bit far for that. Miss that place though. :)
  4. J

RED CHERRY SHRIMP Tearing a tank down to make space for different shrimps...and have about 40+ Red Cherry Shrimps of mixed grades (standard to Fire Red) to move. Sizes range from 1/4" to 1"+. These will be pulled from about three different tanks, including my Fire Red tank (shown below)...
  5. J

FS Subwassertang and Red Cherry Shrimp (Fire Red Culls)

Bowling Green, KY Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  6. J

FS Subwassertang and Red Cherry Shrimp (Fire Red Culls)

Available for sale/trade is some subwassertang which is a low-light, low-maintenance 'plant' that resembles seaweed. It grows similar to moss. Great for frys and shrimps. I have 3 'golfball' sized portions (measured dry) available for $6. Shipping is available at $4 first class or $7...
  7. J

Favorite dwarf shrimp?

Rofl, good point. Some of the different Neocaridina Hetereopoda variants....(Painted) Fire Red, Blue Rili/Blue Velvet, Chocolate (REALLY fun strain...produces all types of shades and colors).
  8. J

Snails and Ammonia

Common snails like MTS are pretty hardy and tolerable compared to fish IME. I think you should be fine if you have too; of course it's always recommended to have it cycled before you add livestock. Do you have any old filters you could use to help "seed" the new tank? In any case, when i...
  9. J

Favorite dwarf shrimp?

Can't go wrong with the tried and true Neocaridina Heteropoda species! Hardy and comes in a multitude of colors! Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  10. J

FREE Free Star Grass

Ditto. Could definitely use a bag if available.
  11. J

Hi from BG, KY

Hi all. Recently got back into hobby and looking forward to learn more about the current trends and available critters these days. Currently have Endlers and a variety of shrimps
  12. J

In-Fish Cycling w/Plants, Tap has natural nitrates

I currently mix the chemicals in a bucket before changing the water (~25-33%) which I typically do with the tests. However, as you can see water off the tap has traces of ammonia in it. In the previous week of testing it was (and has been) typically the same every day with the only significant...
  13. J

Ah ok. I'll let a cup and let it gas out and run another test on my tap water tomorrow. I actually added Tetra Start after I did the tests on 6/12 (I only added 20ml of the 33.3ml required for 10gal so far). Not sure if it made a difference...but I'll add the rest later on this weekend. I...
  14. J

Starting some new tanks after several years of being 'retired' from the hobby. A lot has changed in 5+ years! So I finally tested the tap water today and it seems there may be natural nitrates in it and I was not quite sure how to interpret my test results given that. Apparently in the...
  15. J

FS Endler's-20 for $20 shipped & Amazon Swords. Sacramento, CA. Shipped. Heatpacks av.

Very interested, pm'd with some questions about them. Thanks.
  16. J

FS Class N Pure Endlers - Top Bar Snake Chested Strain TX

A bit on this lol...but as ilikeguppies posted, I believe it is still considered N-Class because it comes from pure 'Endler' bloodlines. However, based on AdrianHD's site though, I believe this strain was developed through selective breeding by him therefore it is a N Class that does not...
  17. J

Returning back to the hobby

Hi all, Looking to return back to the hobby after 8+ years. Freshwater fishes were really the only (and consistent) 'pet' I had growing up, so I had the opportunity to learn everything first-hand and personally. Great stuff. It is crazy how much things have changed and much more selection...
  18. J

6.6 gallon Petco Bookshelf Aquarium

$50 for acrylic? Well...darn. I might have to reconsider this then, LOL. Must find some type of similar sized and shape glassware... Love the shape though, we are looking to build our dog kennels in a similar rectangular shape to give them running space.
  19. J

ever break a rod?

Lol. Never broke a rod before but came pretty close. On one boat trip, after hours of waiting, we struggled with something for a good 20 minutes (rod bending into basically parallel shape)...the line broke. Le sigh.
  20. J

Kayak Fishing

LoL. Getting serious with the Subie eh? That would have been me if I did not get the Outback...so it looks more 'normal' lol. Never considered actually fishing while kayaking before. Might have to give it a go sometimes. Where we just moved to, there is a creek right down the street.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store