Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. J

Some where over the Rainbows

A 10 is far too small for Bosemani's. They can get up to 5" when mature. I'm in the process of setting up a 46 bowfront for rainbows and it will have Bosemani's in it. I have a planted 25 with Dwarf Neon Blue Rainbows and it's just the right size for them.
  2. J

First post: Newbie questions

I'm wanting to start a 25 gal SW tank too. I see lots of people use lace rock but can lava rock be used instead? Also what do you run for filter media if anything, I'm thinking of using an AC 200 as a filter/skimmer, just going to remove the inlet tube. I was going to run it empty and was...
  3. J

FW to Salt

I have a 25 gal FW tank that I want to convert to salt. Now I know nothing about salt water setups. What is the basic equipment I need and where can I get detailed info on how to setup a salt tank. Thanks
  4. J

Who will it be?

So who will post topic # 20,000? And what should that person recieve for being the lucky one who helps the board reach that milestone? :)
  5. J

starting with a pair of kribs

I have Serpae Tetras and Zebra Danios in with my Kribs.
  6. J

Tanks in sunny rooms-advice pls

:D Uh,..... curtains? :D Sorry MT , I couldn't resist lol
  7. J

Peat Water Softening/PH Lowering

Ya Pike, i'm also new to the CO2 thing so its all learning for me too. I don't wanna go the peat route either since water quality "looks" are important as well. More research I guess!:)
  8. J

Peat Water Softening/PH Lowering

OK, I'm getting more confused by the minute. I've been doing some research on lowering Ph and was planning to do a DIY CO2 system to help my plant growth and lower the Ph on my 65 tall community tank. Now I'm not so sure this will work. What's the best way to lower my ph to 7.0 or less from...
  9. J

what to put in a 38 w/krib pair

My krib tank ph is 7.4 which is not far off yours. My serpaes are red, healthy and looking great. Put some in....you won't be sorry.
  10. J

what to put in a 38 w/krib pair

I have Serpea tetras and zebra danios in a 25 with my breeding pair of kribs and its a great tank. The kribs chase the others off when they are spawning but other than that they get along fine.
  11. J

I didn't know Kribs were brackish.....

The way I look at it, if it was tank bred and raised, your water parameters should be close to the same as those that the fish is used to and not nessacerily what the "book" says. If you are dealing with wild caught fish then your water parameters should be the same as the water they came from...
  12. J

Lighting

Can I run T10 tubes with a ballast from a T12 fixture? On the ballast it only specifies T12 tubes. Would anything happen if I run a T10?
  13. J

Driftwood Centerpiece

Yes it's very heavy, I didn't weigh it but I'm guessing the whole thing is about 35 lbs. It's actually one piece of wood and one piece of granite. The only adjustment I made was to cut off about 12" from one side because it was too long. I got lucky, the natural shape of the stone was a perfect...
  14. J

Driftwood Centerpiece

Take a look at the driftwood centerpiece that I made and put in my 65 tall. It's 34" long, 16 " wide and @ 12" high. I mounted it on a piece of granite. I'll post more pics of it in my tank when I get a chance. http://community.webshots.com/user/nbay4
  15. J

Two Questions....

Is a sand substrate ok for a gibbeceps pleco, and Will pictus cats bother said pleco in a 50 gal tank?
  16. J

What substrate?

Thanks for the info Tom. I may just forget the gravel and go with your suggestion. I'll be using #25 sandblasting sand which is brown and black. I'm getting my new tank tommorrow so I'll be ready to plant in a few weeks. I'm going to "dry run" a bunch of ideas to ensure I get it just right...
  17. J

What substrate?

Had to delete this one
  18. J

Upgrading to a 50

The 25 has an AC200 The 50 will have a Fluval 203 and the AC until I find a good deal on a Emporer400. I missed the big sale at Big Als last week where they were $80 Cdn.
  19. J

Upgrading to a 50

I'll be upgrading from a 25 to a 50 gal tank in the next couple of weeks. I currently have a pair of angels, 3 blue gouramis, 3 giant danios and a gibbiceps pleco in the 25 and they will all be moving into the 50 once I have it setup and cycled. I'll shorten my cycle time by moving all the...
  20. J

Jungle "Tank Buddies" plant tablets

So can u use alka seltzer?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store