Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. M

what else can i feed my fish

My cichlids get, tropical flakes once a week, they get TetraCichlid (mini granules) i get from walmart 5 day a week, and Tetra Tropical Crisps Pro "from AmazonMoosey.com" I am trying to get them to eat nightcrawlers but that is a slow prosess, the tropical flakes i feed um just to mix it up a...
  2. M

Who wants anything cheaper from petsmart then the regular price.

you have to figure this out, the price diff from these stores to they're web sites is the shipping cost. if everyone starts doing this, then you know what is going to happen, the prices on the shelves are going to go up.
  3. M

Anyone Own African Dwarf Frogs?

This link may help you out, I keep the Clawed frogs and if these are anything like them at all, they will smell the food, mine know just seconds after I put anything in there tank, Hope it helps, http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Frog,%20Dwarf%20African.htm Ok I found this one afterwords...
  4. M

Aquarium Salt

Acually Your incorrect about that, I had a pair of Platties (3 acully) in brackish water for a good while before I moved out, they did super with it, just like the mollys n platties. The color of all three are so brillaint in brackish water, after you have had them in brackish water, they don;t...
  5. M

fin rot teatment question

What is the fish has it? How did you treat it, & did u do a water change before you did? Did you pull the media out of your filter(s) What does the med say ont he bottle about treatments? :read:
  6. M

2 gal water changes everyday?

anonapersona You have way to much time on your hands, lol I have 6 tanks, 75g, 29, 30, 15H, 2 10g, I do them with a gravel vac n two 5g buckets, works for me..........
  7. M

How to kill fish???

I can;t believe people would even offer a reply to this, You want my advise, find a different place to buy your fish...... Buying sick in the first place isn;t the best way to injoy this hobby, not knowing how to treat them isn;t a good way to go about it either, and then just killing it, well...
  8. M

Another ick question.

Make sure your fish are Ok with salt, many fish in todays hobby by adding salt to the tank will kill them.
  9. M

eeeeeeeeeekkk male krib might be killing female

this might help some. http://hem.bredband.net/maxstr/krib.htm
  10. M

What contributes to a fish price?

Allot of what it has to do with it is greed, You want to talk about fish prices, 2.49 for a danio, the same or so for neons, corys are almost 5 bucks, The only good thing that comes out of this LFS, is white cloud fry 1.99 a dozon......... She is trying to get rich qiuck and is going about the...
  11. M

how to tell if a fish is constipated?

Feedling less is correct, but not fix the trouble with them, Yes sky.eyes.woman is very correct, they are the worse poop machines of the fish world i think, What I do with my fish "i have a Bristle nose pleco is all" is purge them once a week, Not feed them is what that means if you don;t know...
  12. M

Keeping crayfish

Crawfish with Chiclids is not going to work, they won;t get a chance to eat the fish, the fish will eat them, I found this out when I moved a few little ones into the con tank, "i know a small water hole I can get crawdad fry" Anyway, the cons are only 1 to 1 1/2'' long and it wasn;t 3 min and...
  13. M

water conditioner

Go to walmart and get a bottol or 2 or Aqua Safe, treats allot of water, and I like it....it last way longer then start right....let me grab the bottle, OK it;s a 3.38 FL OZ bottle and treats 200 gallons, Neutralizes Chlorine, Chloramines, and heavy metals harmfull to fish, Enhances Matural...
  14. M

guppy tankmates in a 10g

Unless you have plans to upgrade to a way bigger tank, and are wanting to keep the guppys, I wouldn;t get anything in a 10g with them, you will be over ran with guppies in a couple months time so bad your going to hate them.....Unless you can sell the fry as feeders or what ever, then maybe a...
  15. M

Puffer ID PLS!

Get a good picture of it, so you can see it and track down PufferPunk, she could tell ya......
  16. M

Tom's place?

I use to visit there, the chat room mostly int he morning time, only time anyone was there, But I heard some stuff one morning that he and a couple of his mods prolly should not have been doing in front of people outside the ranks of his help, and I hate to say I deleted the links and I never...
  17. M

What to do about algae???

A bristle nose pleco isn;t to big for a 10g tank, I know people who breed them in 10g....And I have yet to hear anyone I know who breeds fish or what ever say they have a 6'' B-Pleco....4'' is what youre going to hear, some will go between 4-5'' but 6 is puching it a bit....
  18. M

Neglect Proofing a Tank

saying 85% of the tanks out there that get poor care is a pretty big number considering you have no idea how many people have aquariums, Most of the people I Know do their part..... As far as snails only breeding to the amount of algie in a tank, Wrong, snails will breed and keep on breeding...
  19. M

getting driftwood

I forgot to add, smell the wood if you pick it up to make sure it isn't cedar, cedar in an aqaurium is bad news....looks good in your yard but not fish tanks....... Also, some driftwood will turn your water a tinted brownish color, ths will go away after a few water changes and does not cause...
  20. M

getting driftwood

Just a couple added notees here, NEVER soak driftwood in Bleach, not for any amount of time, that is one sure way to run a very high risk of killing your fish. 2nd, NEVER put it in the oven and run it full blast to cure it either, that is a good way to lose everything you have. You ever see a...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store