Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. H

Rainbow Sharks keep disappearing????? Help

Thanks Lymabean - didn't think anyone was going to reply! I have checked the whole tank both times I have lost them and have no idea where they go to - obviously the first one is long gone as that was months ago and no trace of the body anywhere. I'm still hopeful that the second one is...
  2. H

Rainbow Sharks keep disappearing????? Help

I have had two Rainbow Sharks within the last year (not at the same time). I had one from small and it grew to about 3 1/2 inches and then one day I did a BIG clean of my tank and took out a huge piece of bogwood cleaned the tank thoroughly and put the bogwood back very carefully making sure...
  3. H

Surface Particles??????

Thanks Mudskippers anyone else any ideas - I could post a pic but I guess most people will know what I mean tiny little particles floating on the surface - smaller than a pin head - don't know if it's normal - just would be nice if it was completely clear. On searching the inetrnet I found some...
  4. H

Surface Particles??????

Oh by the way I did try searching the forums but couldn't find anything about this exactly.
  5. H

Surface Particles??????

I have 190L tank which has been up and running for about six months. Ever since I set it up It has not fully cleared. In my old tank (only 40L) the water appeared to be much clearer - maybe it is because it is a much deeper corner tank and therefore front to back is much more depth of water...
  6. H

Please identify this algae......

Ha Ha Ha I guess that is why I couldn't find any pictures of similar algae!!!! Thanks for your help - I guess I haven't got a chronic algae problem after all. :duh:
  7. H

Please identify this algae......

Can anyone help identify this algae - it is long brown furry strands that grow on the underside of some of the plant leaves - I have done loads of research and tried to find similar pictures but can't find anything that looks identical - I think it might be Brush Algae or Beard Algae? If you...
  8. H

Red Finned Shark or Red Tailed Black Shark????<span class="smallfont"> <b>(1 Viewing)

Thanks for all the advice - still can't decided what to do - no hurry though. Oh and Chaibill - Pentazona Barbs are similar looking to Tiger Barbs, they have the similar orange coulouring and black stripes but are more streamline and aren't as aggressive as Tigers. Type in Pentazona into...
  9. H

Red Finned Shark or Red Tailed Black Shark????<span class="smallfont"> <b>(1 Viewing)

Thanks Salty - yes the Red Finned Shark that I am on about is also known as the Rainbow Shark.
  10. H

stocking question......

Thanks Tropical North - I have sent you a personal message asking for your experience of this fish.
  11. H

Has anyone got any experiences of both these. I am upgrading to a 190 Litre tank. I have: Neons, Halerquin Rasboras, Pentazona Barbs, Rummy Noses and a Dwarf Otto. I am looking at what others to get and am interested in adding some Tiger Barbs, some Denisonii Barbs and either a Red Finned...
  12. H

stocking question......

Any advice pleeeeeease :help:
  13. H

stocking question......

The internet is a great source of information and before it's time we'd all have to rely on friends and books - the downside is that there is a lot of contradicting information out there. I have been reading up about Red Finned Shark and Red Tailed Shark to see what the differences are and...
  14. H

stocking question......

Thanks for all the advice so far....I have so far ruled out the Silver Shark and the Clown Loaches and might get at most one Red Finned Shark - going back to my original question above - if I did go for Denisonii, Tiger Barbs and Red Finned Shark would the fish that I already have survive or get...
  15. H

stocking question......

We are talking Red Finned Sharks aren't we - I thought the Red Finned ones weren't too bad and that you could have more than one as opposed to the Red Tailed Shark which I knew was quite aggressive. As for the Silver Sharks and the Clown Loaches - I have been steered away from them by your...
  16. H

stocking question......

Boing - anyone got any decent advice??????
  17. H

stocking question......

All fairly small the neons and the harlequins are an inch at most , the Rummy Noses and the Pentazona Barbs an inch and half, the Oddessas 2 inches at most.
  18. H

stocking question......

Hi peeps, thanks for the quick replies. The new tank is a Juwel Trigon 190 with an external Aqua One CF1200 filter. I currently have (as a result of loses etc.) 3 Rummy Noses 6 Neons 3 Odessa Barbs 2 pentazona Barbs 3 harlequins 1 Otto As for the Shark advice - you really think...
  19. H

stocking question......

I currently have a small tank with the following: Rummy Noses, Neons, Odessa Barbs, Pentazona Barbs, Harlequins and an Otto. I am upgrading to a 190 litre (42gallons (UK) I think?) tank and want to stock it with the above fish and would also like to get some of the following: Silver...
  20. H

Which is the BEST Algae Eater Tankmate?

Dwarf Oto's - mine are great - I love watching them munching. They seem to get everywhere.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store