Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. CRfishlover

Nutrafin Plant Gro Co2 system - DIY question

I've used the Nutrafin Plant Gro Co2 system with excellent results now. This is the one I am talking about. The little refill packs are quite expensive for what they are. One (activator) is obviously yeast, and the other one (stabilizer) looks like baking powder or baking soda. Does...
  2. CRfishlover

Nitrates dropped to 0

Any suggestions on how to provide supplemental nitrogen?
  3. CRfishlover

Nitrates dropped to 0

Ammonia and Nitrites are 0 I should have maybe been clearer in my original post, but I measure everything every week and ammonia and nitrites are 0, even today.
  4. CRfishlover

Nitrates dropped to 0

I started a new 15G planted tank about two months ago. I used a filter pad from my 29G Whisper filter in the Whisper filter on this one and the measurements were fine for a while (Ammonia 0, Nitirites 0, and Nitrates steadily climbing from 5 to more than 20 two weeks ago). Once Nitrates hit...
  5. CRfishlover

Lighting (Kelvin) question

I am about to embark on a 75G planted tank adventure and I am narrowing my lighting choice to - 3 x 96W from AHSupply (3.84 W/G) - 4 x 55W from AHSupply (2.96 W/G) What do you suggest knowing that it might be either a Discus tank or community tank centered around Angels and/or Rainbows...
  6. CRfishlover

I did it! (and I need your help)

Re: NO discus! Mack, would you mind elaborating why? I have not made up my mind yet but most people seem to suggest a Discus tank and I've heard both sides of the story. Some say they are hard to keep and some say they are not that ahard to keep but, of course, need good maintenance...
  7. CRfishlover

Aquarium Driftwood

thank you! :)
  8. CRfishlover

What combination do you suggest instead. All 6700k or add in 10000k? Thanks. No, like most people around here, I have a humidifier in my basement because Colorado is so dry. :D Denver qualifies as desert as far as precipitation goes.
  9. CRfishlover

Aquarium Driftwood

Anybody ever bought stuff from Aquarium Driftwood? Either driftwood or plants or both? Their packages look interesting and reasonable in price.
  10. CRfishlover

Forgive my ignorance Matt W suggested earlier the CO2 regulator from Milwaukee which has a bubble counter. Is a bubble counter the same as a reactor, and if not what is the difference? Is there a good site where I can find all the information on all the CO2 components and lingo and how they...
  11. CRfishlover

falcon and anonapersona: WOW. This is great feedback. Thank you! Since both of you have experience with planted tanks, what is your opinion on the RO discussion above? anona: What bulbs would you pick for a 4x55 setup. 2 6700k and 2 5000k? I was thinking of turning the two 5000K on first and...
  12. CRfishlover

Anybody else have some comments or suggestions for me and my project? I first posted this in General Chit Chat by accident and asked to have this thread moved to where it belongs to get some more input :)
  13. CRfishlover

GH and KH are both 6.
  14. CRfishlover

MonoSebealover: Yes, I got it at Sherman Tank Company :) For all I know I saw you there and did not know it of course. I was there between 1:00 and 2:00pm. Corax, Cearbhaill, PumaWard and MonoSebealover: Yes, I love Discus and that was (is?) my first inclination. Never had discus and the...
  15. CRfishlover

I finally did it! After thinking about it for over a year I did it! Today I ordered a 75 gallon Oceanic tank with oak stand and canopy. The store had a special 15% off for pre-orders and after I could not find a used one that I liked, I ordered a new one. I will have it in about three weeks...
  16. CRfishlover

Pressurized diagram

http://www.floridadriftwood.com/product.asp?0=217&1=252&3=543 Does this one help?
  17. CRfishlover

AH Supply CF questions

For those of you who have mounted the AH Supply kits (or other brands or that matter) on the inside of a canopy with lid: How do you avoid going blind when opening the lid? Would a switch similar to a refrigerator light switch, mounted on the inside of the canopy, but wired the reverse way...
  18. CRfishlover

Plantbrain - advice

So you are not Tom Barr, you are not gcvt, who are you anyway? All kidding aside, I also had another thread started on CF lighting to which gcvt replied. Hence the mixup. :D Tom, Do you believe that Dave Gomberg and Aquabotanica have the best bang for the buck? I looked at Dave Gomberg's...
  19. CRfishlover

Plantbrain - advice

Thanks! for the reply gcvt, even though you are not Tom Barr:), but as I said in my original post "or anyone else that can hel". It is just that Tom responded to my earlier post. I checked out the links and have one question: On floridadriftwoods' site they list a check valve, needle valve...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store