Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Rometiklan

19in high 30 gallon - too high for bettas? Is this a good deal?

I would have no qualms setting up a betta sorority in a 30 gallon tank. Females tend to get along alright once they adjust to one another. They'll do nicely in that particular tank.
  2. Rometiklan

Example of why you should never release a pet fish into the wild

Disastrous results from ignorant actions. This is the very real life version of the "alligator in the sewer" urban legend. Well-meaning owners who release their pets into the lakes/ponds/rivers rather than euthanizing could have stories like this coming back to bite them in the ***. The local...
  3. Rometiklan

I just did something terrible...

As an aside, do you notice anything odd about its swimming or behaviour? Does it bump into things and turn in circles or something? I don't recall ever having a one-eyed fish before. Maybe you can call him Jack, as in "One-eyed jack".
  4. Rometiklan

5 gallon tank ideas!?

Another vote for a male betta. Love these fish. If the stores weren't closed, I'd run out and buy one right now. Maybe I'll camp out my LFS til morning.
  5. Rometiklan

Found a rock

Nice looking rock. I was thinking about collecting some interesting rocks for my tank this summer. My current rocks are kind of unremarkable.
  6. Rometiklan

Shrinking tank syndrome?

I think I know what you mean. It's probably the way you re-position everything into the gravel. When I first read the title of your thread, I thought you were talking about something psychological. I've noticed a phenomenon in the hobby that I call "shrinking tank syndrome". It's very weird. I...
  7. Rometiklan

My 125g Tank journal

Hey, nice work, dude.
  8. Rometiklan

my congos are spawning!

You got some real beauts there, chesterthehero.
  9. Rometiklan

live black worms

Yes, I just keep black worms in a yogurt container in the fridge. I change 100% of the water everyday just before I feed to the fish. I use a worm feeder so the fish have a chance to feed before the worms all sink into the gravel. I don't use sand or gravel at the bottom of the yogurt container...
  10. Rometiklan

New Betta - male or female?

Male, but likes to cross-dress on weekends.
  11. Rometiklan

Feeding a Siamese Algae Eater

What do you feed a Siamese Algae Eater? I've never had one of these fishes before, although I've searched high and low for one. I finally bought one recently but he was listed as a Flying Fox by the LFS. But I'm pretty sure he's a SAE based on pics I've seen. I was thinking about buying Hikari...
  12. Rometiklan

90 Gallon Discus Tank (with pics)

Beautiful fish, and awesome pics. The driftwood looks like some sort of animal, especially in that last pic.
  13. Rometiklan

What a great idea... not...

I wonder how their fins can reach the pedals?
  14. Rometiklan

Stunning Betta

Gosh, he shore is a purdy fish. Good luck with the breeding and keep us up to date on your progress. There might be some interesting colouration in the offspring. Being a hockey fan, those are the team colours of the St. Louis Blues. So, I'd call him Blue, or St. Lou.
  15. Rometiklan

What's your favorite small tank?

Specifically, my favourite is my 10 gallon Metaframe tank. Anyone remember those? It was my very first tank. It's kind of unique, and it stands out like a sore thumb when juxtapositioned along the all-glass tanks. It's got a slight leak but I'll get around to fixing it. I haven't used it in...
  16. Rometiklan

110 gallon high

I would love to see pics of this 110g monster once you get it set up.
  17. Rometiklan

Angel Question.

Unless they are stunted or freakishly gigantic, most adult angelfish varieties grow to similar size.
  18. Rometiklan

Tapping on the glass

I never tap on the glass. I just don't think it's necessary.
  19. Rometiklan

Weirdest places for a tank??

"Dude, there's something wrong with your TV. You get the same picture on every channel!"
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store