Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. P

savotaging manager. . .my poor baby

Is there any way to put a cap on top of your heater knob so it won't get bumped?
  2. P

Nutrafin CO2 system

I would reccomend it, but it's pricey -- $40 a refill every few weeks. If you're looking for CO2 for your 20 gals I would go either DIY or a pressurized system that branches into both, or -- depending on your WPG -- liquid CO2 ferts. For the 100gal I would have a pressurized system with a branch...
  3. P

Can anyone id this fish?

I'd agree with that, mostly. The rear "eye" spots are near identical... but the eyes are differently colored and the cichlid has stripes where the other one is more wavy. Is it possibly Hemichromis bimaculatus (Jewel Cichlid)?
  4. P

11pm and 86 degrees...

We're getting up into the ninties! Luckily my room is downstairs, only gets sun in the morning, has large windows and a fan inside it and just outside in a room that gets no sun at all. The tanks havn't gone any higher than 84. Lucky me. Poor corys don't like it as much as they would 80, but...
  5. P

figure 8 puffer in 20 gallon?

The rule is 3 gallons per dwarf puffer. Not thirty.
  6. P

My SD's Eat all the food

Just buy a piece of plactic grid and use it to seperate them during feeding time.
  7. P

Sexing Blue Dempsey? + Growth Update *Pics*

Amazing eyes. A very pretty fish :)
  8. P

Cood a betta fend off an oscar?

Oh, then the betta should be fine. Just make sure the betta can't fit in his mouth.
  9. P

Cood a betta fend off an oscar?

Can you fend off a Mack truck?
  10. P

magic trick

Check around your tank. Snails tend to jail break a lot. I once woke up to find one my apple snails crawling alone the middle of my floor.
  11. P

Baby San Merah Discus

Good coloring on them :) You ever tried breeding Super Sans? Such pretty fish :)
  12. P

HUGE problem with hair algae!!!!

The mid-day break in lighting will be detrimental to your plants. Algae can use much lower levels of than your plants, and can begin photosenthysis much quicker than them too. So, pretty much you're just depriving your plants of light/food for an hour a day and letting the algae have one hour of...
  13. P

Your Favorite Personable Fish?

My bettas are all pretty big on personality. I just woke them up to take some pictures and Aquaman scolded me! Hehe, it was really cute. They sleep with their upper heads and mouth out of the water, on their sides, atop the floating water sprite in the tank. I pushed Aquaman a bit to get him...
  14. P

Triple strip NO versus PC Lighting?

Wattage is a measure of heat output. It just happens to be closely related to the light output of a light, and, thanks to lights being cheap to produce nowadays, most lights are similar if not exact when it comes to their light/heat output ratio due to the fact that similar/identical parts used...
  15. P

HUGE problem with hair algae!!!!

How much nitrate are you reading? What plants are in the tank? How heavily stocked is the tank? I suspect it's the lack of CO2, but I'm not anywhere near being very solid on my plant knowledge. Try buying some Flourish Excell (liquid C) and see if it helps. And I think Amano shrimp like to...
  16. P

Shell Dwellers

Not really. They're very territorial and very active. Unless you have something upwards of like 50 gallons I wouldn't reccomend mixing them with other fish, and even then I'd be wary. You'd have to get something about as tough as them, small enough not to try and eat them, but big enough to...
  17. P

Shell Dwellers

Not much! You can house two pairs in a 10 gal and about 5 in a 20 long (floor space is the most important factor. They're really active and fun to watch. Mind you keep the tank species specific.
  18. P

Shell Dwellers

I wish my LFS got cool things like that. :( The most "exotic" fish the best place in town has are some green killifish and, when asked to order them, rams. I've always coveted housing several pair of L. meleagrise. Thier spots and fins are just amazing to look at.
  19. P

need some ideas for a black and white theme tank....

Maybe scatter some black river rocks across the bottom?
  20. P

need some ideas for a black and white theme tank....

I'm very much a fan of the black plants, they look incredible. You need to get more black scenery in there. Too many white plants IMO; it's very unbalanced artistically, you need black on the left side.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store