Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

Best wafer for bristlenose?

I go with HBH wafers which I feed to all of my fish including livebearers, cories, Fundulus species, desert gobies, Notropis, and Kribensis. My fish go into feeding frenzy mode when I drop a wafer in.
  2. A

water tempeture in a planted tank

I generally keep most of my aquariums (12) in the 68-72 temp range except for the all black fancy guppies. The growth of my plants is slower with the lower temps but the fish are very healthy and maintain hearty appetites. I even keep a colony of of dwarf platies, including fry, at the lower end...
  3. A

FS Crystal Red Shrimp $3 a/b; $2 b/c grade- (CA) Ship or Local PU

Wow, wonderful prices for fine specimens. I will probably order some when I acquired an additional tank for my fairly crowded fish room.
  4. A

gambusia affinis and guppy cross?

Considering the entirely different genus, I would think that it would be unlikely. However, fishes from different genuses have been successfully crossed resulting in fertile and infertile hybrid offspring.
  5. A

hybrid blonde tiger endlers

I've kept Endler's Guppy hybrids for years without selective breeding. This has resulted in an almost complete reversion back to the Endler's coloration and body type save for a persistant gold coloration and double swordtail trait. The hybrids are kept separate from the my Guppy stock and I am...
  6. A

Calcium Pills and Reviews

Has any tried plain white chalk intended for chalk boards?
  7. A

Greetings

Greetings Aquaria Central, I am relatively new to this site and I am looking forward to obtaining and sharing information germane to fishkeeping. I currently maintain 13 aquatic ecosystems mainly in my small fishroom. I am primarily interested in North American native fishes but, I also keep...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store