Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Susan0218

Update and Pictures

Nice tanks. I've never kept fiddler crabs before but I'm fairly sure they need access to land and are brackish water. They can survive for a while in freshwater aquariums but will have a significantly shortened lifespan.
  2. Susan0218

29 gallon stocking

Really? That's great. :) I think I've decided to go ahead and take the neons and the corys from her. But she is going to have to figure something else out with the glass and blackskirts. I feel kind of guilty but I can't keep taking fish (and other pets) when she grows tired of them. I...
  3. Susan0218

29 gallon stocking

Why is it every time I plan what I want for a fish tank, my mom decides she no longer wants her fish?? :irked: Here's what she has that she wants me to take: 4x neon tetras 3x albino cory cats 3x glass catfish 3x blackskirts I was thinking I could set up my empty 10 gallon for the neons (and...
  4. Susan0218

29 gallon stocking

Thanks. If I went with the lemon or penguin tetras, how many corys could I go with then? Also thanks for the info on the lighting. :)
  5. Susan0218

29 gallon stocking

The angel is about 4-5 inches. Would the shrimp be OK in such a low pH (6.0)? If I end up going with 6 Tetras (either lemon, penguin, or rummynose), how many corys could I add? (really hoping to find adolfoi, swartz, or sterba) The only other thing I'd love to do with this tank is change...
  6. Susan0218

29 gallon stocking

Thanks. Both are nice looking fish. I think I like the lemon the best. :)
  7. Susan0218

29 gallon stocking

I was told they could be nippy with the angelfish.
  8. Susan0218

29 gallon stocking

Thanks for the info. When keeping two, is it important to have a male and female or would two females or two males be fine? I will keep this fish in mind while researching.
  9. Susan0218

29 gallon stocking

They would be OK with the angel? How many? Any other info would be great. I'll have to do some reading. :) As far as I can tell looking around online, I really love the adolphoi cory. Also the swartz and sterba. I just need to go and see what's available here and I'll decide from there. :D
  10. Susan0218

29 gallon stocking

I've been thinking about adding more fish to my 29 gallon aquarium for a few weeks now and have a few ideas I thought I would run by here. I have one angelfish in there now. My middle son has been asking if we could get some zebra danios. Would 6 of them be be alright? If not then I was...
  11. Susan0218

albino chocolate pleco

This is the info I came across with a quick search. However the species the store was selling under albino chocolate pleco was Glyptoperichthys scrophus. Which is not a common plec, right? Is "albino chocolate" just a common name applied to many different species of pleco with a certain color...
  12. Susan0218

albino chocolate pleco

They are just a color morph of the common pleco? Any other info you can give me? Pics? Thanks.
  13. Susan0218

am I just crazy?

I was cleaning up around the tank today so I took the opportunity to snap a few pics of him while he was darker. He was moving around quite a bit so they are not the best...
  14. Susan0218

am I just crazy?

LOL Evil was her word choice. Then in talking with friends/family about "mom's evil angel" the name Evil Angel stuck. (plus I'm a Breaking Benjamin fan :D)
  15. Susan0218

am I just crazy?

Sadly no joke. She thinks he's evil because he killed many of the fish she put with him...or at least she claims he did. I suspect the main problem is she tends to think she can just throw any and all fish into her aquarium. Also, she thinks she doesn't need to do water changes....just top...
  16. Susan0218

am I just crazy?

Thank you. I went ahead and checked the water. pH 6.0, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrates 40 -yikes-, temp is around 78*F. I don't have test kits for KH or GH. :o Looks like I need to step up on my water changes. :o:o
  17. Susan0218

am I just crazy?

Another shot of him. Can you see the lighter stripe better? That's the part that seems to darken if I startle him. Also the bit under his eye. Otherwise, does he look healthy to you? I was originally only worrying about my sanity but now that I've read the replies, I'm a bit concerned for...
  18. Susan0218

am I just crazy?

Is it? Can you direct me to pics of more 'normal' colored ones?
  19. Susan0218

am I just crazy?

No. I mean to say that when he seems to be stressed (like if I accidentally startle him) the lighter gray-ish stripe on him darkens. Getting as black as his tail then gradually lightens as he settles down. But like I said my husband swears he sees no difference. I really don't want to stress...
  20. Susan0218

am I just crazy?

I took in an Angel fish that my mother no longer wanted because she claimed it was evil. :rolleyes: So now, Evil Angel, is in my 29 gallon aquarium. My question is, can Angel fish darken or lighten their colors? He (or she I really don't know) normally looks like this: Sometimes when I...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store