Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Cypherman

New Tank Proposal: Critters, equiptment, etc...

Thanks for sharing your expertise OrionGirl and Jessie. I suppose the yellowtails would be too scrappy; what about exchanging the yellowtail damsels for some Green Chromis? Chromis are damsels, but they're supposed to be tame...Would they still cause problems with anemonefish? Also I suppose I...
  2. Cypherman

New Tank Proposal: Critters, equiptment, etc...

I have been doing freshwater for some time and I think its time I got my feet wet into saltwater for the first time...I've been doing tons of reading before I was even into saltwater and I'm pretty confident I can do a tank of hardy fish and inverts...Here is my proposal (sounds fancy :rolleyes...
  3. Cypherman

Aquarium Burnout?

I've been doing FW aquariums now for just over 10 years and these past few years I've found myself losing enthusiasm over my tank(s)...I set up a 30 gallon 2 years back after a year long break for fish and for about 8 months I raised a green terror from a 3 incher to nearly 7 and upgraded to a...
  4. Cypherman

Power compacts seem real weak...

Hey, I just got in my new power compacts and I must say, I'm sorely dissapointed. They're 2x65 watt 50/50 actinics and yet they're noticeably dimmer then my 2x40 watt full spectrum bulbs...That isnt right, is it? They dont appear to be old; the full spectrum half is blindingly bright if i...
  5. Cypherman

Malawis & Stuff: New Album

Thanks a lot jeffro. I have a Fluval 404 combined with weekly-biweekly water changes...Once I convert to a sand substrate I'll have to do em at least weekly to keep gunk from piling up on top :rolleyes:
  6. Cypherman

Malawis & Stuff: New Album

Ok fellas, this album should be viewable by all...Tell me what you think! I'll be adding more pics when my new compact fluorescents come in the mail :D http://www.cichlidgallery.com/Cyphs-Fish%3A-Malawis-Stuff
  7. Cypherman

Pics of my Malawi setup and fish...

I just tested right clicking each one and I had no problem...Argh ImageStation is such a pain...Wish CichlidGallery worked...Can anyone access my album or is that not working either?
  8. Cypherman

Pics of my Malawi setup and fish...

The pics aren't all that great but they aren't bad...Just wanted to test the "no flash" setting on my camera, and I think it came out pretty nicely. Tell me what you think! my favorite is the one of my lemon jake...He's not too outgoing and tends to hang around the back and this shot came out...
  9. Cypherman

Somone sell me on a Canister Filter

Well despite occasionally being driven insane trying to prime the thing I do love my Fluval...You really do forget its there. Although taking it apart is a pain for me, you only have to do it every other month or so, once the flow starts to slow from all the biogrowth it generates, and its so...
  10. Cypherman

PC for newbs?

I got a ? for you guys...I'm sick of the pinkish cast my fluorescent hoods give off and I'm tired of toying with light spectrums and new hoods...Ive got a double 48'' fluorescent and a single 2x24''er, and all those strips makes my tank look ugly from afar :p ...I want to get a sleek new PC and...
  11. Cypherman

Why does new carbon fizz?

Yea I always assumed there had to be some kind of reaction taking place because why woud they tell you to rinse it if it just fizzes? Activated carbon is pure carbon, right? And coke does react with steam to produce carbon monoxide and hydrogen, right? So maybe the carbon powder produces a...
  12. Cypherman

Aaaaahhh, that makes sense...Just something I've always wondered about :rolleyes:
  13. Cypherman

See title...:D
  14. Cypherman

**** Fluval!!! Plz assist!!!

Y'know I couldn't quite tell but I think there might be a slight leak somewhere along the seal although I'm soooo tired of reseating the **** thing. So everyone seems to be of the consensus that there is air inside ruining everything? Would that explain why it runs backwards for a few seconds...
  15. Cypherman

**** Fluval!!! Plz assist!!!

I know this has been asked 1000x, but I really need help! I cant get my Fluval 404 to work after dismantling it to clean it out. I always make sure it is full of water before filling it, but its acting very strangely, as I see bubbles and water flowing out the intake spout for maybe 2 seconds...
  16. Cypherman

New Iceberg fryeri...Temper?

I picked up a half-decent iceberg fryeri from Petsmart today...Out of the three there this one was the nicest (one was slightly larger but was extremely skinny and had bad fins...The other was darker, which I liked, but its face was deformed...). He has what looks like a mild bacterial infection...
  17. Cypherman

Geophagus: free to good home in Western NY

Geophagus is still available! 55 gallon tank is sold however :D
  18. Cypherman

peacocks cross breeding

A. rubescens females, and I think A. baenschi are different looking from most females...You could maybe mix either of those species with a blue Stuatgranti type but then again, it might not stop the males...
  19. Cypherman

Real Pictures

Striped leporinus (Leporinus fasciatus). Its a herbivorous characin (giant tetra) that gets to be about 12-16 inches long if given the space but usually around 8 inches in the aquarium. A little on the aggressive side but does well with most cichlids....
  20. Cypherman

African Pics

Very nice pics, although you might wanna zoom out on a few of em ;) I especially like your ahi and OB peacocks...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store