Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. U

Filtration on 40G Breeder Tank Too Much?

We've been running a Fluval 304 on a 40G breeder heavily planted tank for over a year and water is clear and fish seem to be doing fine. The sprayer bar is a good idea. I've been tossing that around just to have something a little different.
  2. U

FREE Free Pl*co - McDonough, GA Area

Our son had a 29G tank setup in his house. He moved to a smaller place & no longer wanted it. Granddaughter wanted a tank so I decided to take his down & give to her. The thing is I had not seen this tank in a few year(it was in bedroom) and when I went to break it down, it had a pl*co about 8...
  3. U

Advice on moving larger/skittish fish

When we upgrade tanks & have to move fish, we use a ice chest that holds about 10 - 12 gallons of water. We drain some of the water from the tank into the ice chest, catch the participants & put them into the ice chest. Then when we start setting up the new tank, we drain some of the water from...
  4. U

Presently, we have 5 Cories, 4 Diamon Tetras, 1 Rummy-Nose Tetra(his 2 buddies died weeks ago), 3 Black Neons, 1 Pleco, 1 Pristella, 2 Octicinculus(sp), 4 Serpaes, & 2 Cherry Barbs. We might get a couple more barbs, rummy-nose & pristellas to balance out the look. I can't see any way to diffuse...
  5. U

We just switched our 29G FW planted tank to a 40. We were using a Fluval 204 on the 29 but gave that to my sister who bought a 25G cube tank. We are now running a Fluval 304(rated up to 75G) on the 40G. Fish seem to be doing well and water is clear. But is the 304 a little too much for the fish...
  6. U

Multiple Tank Syndrome and Mothers

Okay, I don't know your age but take it from a 55 yr. old male married 26 years: "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". Some other advice I gave our boys: On ANY anniversary, birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas or special occasion, NEVER give her anything which entails work or her having to...
  7. U

can ading too many live plants at once cause a cycle crash?

I had a 75g a few years back before we moved that was so heavily planted, I didn't touch it for over 3 years & never lost a fish, except when one got real old. I had some Black Skirt Tetras that were about 4 years old in that tank. The water was always crystal clear & parameters hardly ever...
  8. U

Shamrok, my Undulated Triggerfish, eating a silverside...

LOL.....Looks like the Blue Devils were coming in to get a bite while his back was turned & then hauled butt when they thought he was about to turn around.
  9. U

$1 per gallon tank sale at petco!

I went to the local Petsmart the other day to check on a new tank & stand. The store sells Marineland tanks & stands. They have multiple sizes but their stands are black ONLY. I don't want black, I want a wood grain. I asked the manager if I paid for the tank & stand up front could they order a...
  10. U

Would it be worth to upgrade to a 55?

I agree on the 75 over the 55. Once you see them beside each other, it's a no brainer. I'd also look into changing filtration. We currently use a Fluval 304 on a 29 gallon. We have 2 404s in boxes from the 55g & 75G tanks we used to have. I'll never use another HOB filter again. The canister...
  11. U

Stocking ideas for my 125 gallon aquarium

I envy you with a 125. With that size tank you can do a lot of things. What kind of filtration are you using? We use a canister - Fluval - on our 29 & have on the previous tanks we had - 55, 68 & 75. I would look at some Tetras along the lines of Diamonds, Black Neons, Black Skirts(not the...
  12. U

AAAUUUGGHHH!!! Pretty Much Wiped Out My Tank's Inhabitants

Thanks for the sympathy & advice folks. This is one reason I haven't committed to saltwater yet. If I had lost 5 - 10 saltwater fish costing $100 or more, then I would be having a fish fry that night.
  13. U

I told wife if everything died, we would redesign the whole tank & maybe go to guppies(which she likes). I am using carbon to help out. I've done 4 changes this week so far and thinking about stopping & letting them recover. Or should I do a couple of changes to be safe? On an up side, she...
  14. U

We've had tanks for over 10 years now. We used to have a 75, 68 & 55 but have downsized to a 29 since we've moved. So last week I'm changing filter sponges - Fluval 204 - on the tank we have. I must have picked up a cloth with some cleaning chemicals on it or something. Shortly after changing...
  15. U

My plan for a new FW planted aquarium, please critique

Not overly sure about using play sand for your substrate. I've always used either the small pebbles - pea gravel - you can buy at Home Depot or Lowes for about $5 for a bag. Sure neats paying $20 for a bag at Petco/Petsmart that's about 1/4 the size. I've also used flourite in a tank before...
  16. U

5 years with our Blue Ribbon Eel

I saw one of those at the local fish store on southside of town. They look so cool.
  17. U

CARMAX

We've bought a van in past at Carmax and sister bought her PT Cruiser and a used car there also. I like dealing with them. 1. None of this "Let me take this to my manager and see what he says" crud. Hey, if everything has to be approved by a manager, why do I have to talk to a salesman. 2...
  18. U

Ever wonder what's at the end of a rainbow?

2003 & I was driving back down toward Jackson, GA after a big rain storm. I saw huge rainbow in distance and all of the sudden realized it ended in road directly in front of me. I drove through it.
  19. U

The Shame of Fox Broadcasting

OJ's criminal jury didn't have a clue to begin with. Oh, and his book publisher? She used to be affilitated with 'The National Enquirer'. I have already sent Fox a note that I find this show to be in bad taste and will boycott the local station from now on if it airs. And I love their...
  20. U

Concerts!!!

I'm hoping you went to see them when Deep Purple was in their heyday. We went to see them a few years back and they were so bad, we left right in the middle of 'Smoke On The Water'.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store