Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. 1wizz

Starting back up....

Pointless judgemental spiel. This is not the place I remember it to be. I asked for advice and you can't help passing on your lack of knowledge and a personal attack. Money is not an issue because people passing on their experience is free to ingest and what I decide to spend will be up to me...
  2. 1wizz

Starting back up....

I kept a Moorish Idol for over 3 years in a mature marine tank that was a 350litre corner tank which was without a sump and a lot of hard work and dedication. When I had to sell up I gave "Gill" to my friend who owned the shop I had brought a lot of supplies from as a show fish for his shops...
  3. 1wizz

Starting back up....

Hi, Sorry the question really is what is the best on the market as a complete set up for a marine aquarium. including extra bits to get it right I owned a 350 Trigon before and patience is the one thing I have always had, but this time I want to be right from the outset. Space is around 5ft or...
  4. 1wizz

Starting back up....

Hi all, I posted thus yesterday in the equipment section without a reply of note...... thought I'd try again here, hope that's ok?
  5. 1wizz

Starting back up..........

Hi All, Its been a while.....I hope my old friends are still on here and well and to make some new ones. We have now settled in our new home in the South of England and after paying my debt to the wife and completing the minimum of amount of the home improvements, I somehow managed to leave a...
  6. 1wizz

Native British marine tank..possibility?

Hi all, After selling my much loved marine tank last summer to start a new job in the south of England I am starting to suffer withdraw symptoms. What I’m wondering is can you set up a Native marine tank using spoils of the British cost line? I’m guessing I can take salt water and...
  7. 1wizz

Help please from my southern British friends, I could be moving to Southampton

There is a possibility I may be moving to the Southampton area some time this year. I'm just looking for people's opinions of the area. I've had a look at the map and anywhere like Winchester, Eastleigh or Southampton would put me in the locality I would need to be in. Hopefuly the job I will...
  8. 1wizz

Do you care that your hobby is killing ancient environments

Wow. All my fish I'm sure are extremely happy, however I'm also sure that they would of preferred to have stayed in the ocean, that is if they could of survived without being eaten or injured out there in the big wide world that we assume would be so much better for them, ecosystem and all...
  9. 1wizz

Starfish Invasion ! Good or Bad ?

Do we all agree this is a sign of good water quality? Because I bet if you wanted to breed such creatures intentionally you'd struggle. Or am I just grabbing straws!
  10. 1wizz

Starfish Invasion ! Good or Bad ?

Hi all, For just over a month I have noticed a few arms sticking out from the rocks, Mainly after an hour or so from the last feed up until the night lights come on. Well today I have just completed a water change in my 350dt and :jaw-dropping: every rock I picked up (generally I don't disturb...
  11. 1wizz

Snow Pix...Post yours here!

This is the amount of snow it takes to bring the UK to a halt. LOL :headshake2:
  12. 1wizz

use of "them" in place of "him/her"

I realy have just reed all of this thread. criky how edgedumacational. Thanks
  13. 1wizz

Looking to get in shape with Wii, advice?

:iagree: We as a family got The Wii Fit Plus As our joint Christmas present from Santa. It's main benefit is it keeps you coming back for another go, you just need to beat the previous score or that of your kins. I love it and incorporating the Yoga and balance side as well as the games gives a...
  14. 1wizz

Post Your Weather

Middle of the Middlelands UK -1°C Current: Clear Wind: SW at 11 km/h Humidity: 86% Mon 1° | -2° Tue
  15. 1wizz

Rate the avatar above you

10, because at first I thought it was an alien lol
  16. 1wizz

I need a Orlando Hard Rock Cafe Beer Glass

Thanks guys, A point well made. I've done the deal and raided the last of the boys Christmas money, although he now refuses to use anything breakable and wants to eBay the contents of his mums classes cupboard. lol
  17. 1wizz

No it's the Pilsner beer class like this one only the postage seems alot and i'd rather deal on a personal level. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200413766699&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
  18. 1wizz

Hi all, During the recent holiday festivities my youngest son broke a family members souvenir beer glass form the Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando. As we live in England, I have had no luck in finding one over the Internet to replace this "special" class. I know this is a bit off the wall but i...
  19. 1wizz

The new Aquaray Tile

My lfs is using 9 or 12 of these above a new shark tank they are building which will be mounted 9 feet above the tank. As for the price as far as I know they are around £220 for the light and £80 for the controller. How would I go about measuring the PPFD?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store