Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. T

Help! My tank is dying.

you dont list your s.g.....hopefully 1.023 to 1.025...also check ph at night,,and at day is it at 8.00 + at night and 8.3 to 8.5 in the day?? are u running good carbon??? mushrooms and zoes are chemical demons at times and all that in a 40 needs carbon or reg waterchanges,,like 10 gallons every...
  2. T

Molly just had fry should I put salt with them

from the extra ammonia ect..do a 10% wc a few days after the births,,and a 1/4 cup per 10 gallons or so of " aquarium salt" should do the trick
  3. T

Walmart Fish!!

wake the f....up!!! places like walmart/petco/pets mart need educated caring fish employees, instead of all the *****ing,,,work there,,,i applied at my local petco,,after helping the lost cashierb in the dept. they were grateful and i got the job and am now helping was was a clueless sad...
  4. T

Skimmer Adjustment advice needed

A Cup Aday Means Its Trying To Work,,,and Yes Yer Hand Ect Makes A Diffrence,,,try Raising The Cup About 1/4 Inch Every Few Days,,until The Gunk Is Drier,,best I Get Fronm This Skimmer Is Like Instant Tea Mix..but This A A Good Skimmer,,with Time Gunk Will Get Nastier...how Wet Is The Foam?
  5. T

Opinions wanted for new SW tank!

Instant Ocean Recent Changes In The Company Have Led Me And Others To Doubt The Stability Of Instant Ocean,,we Have Done Samples From Several Diffrent Bags With Very Diffrent Results. I Dont Feel Instant Ocean Is As Good As It Once Was,,however,,tropic Marin I Feel Cant Be Beat. I Think Kent...
  6. T

Also,,no Choclate Chip Stars,,,they Suck,,mabe A Black Brittle Star,,but Never A Green One. Consider A Host Of Asst Snails,,like Nassarius, Cerith, Bumblee Bee, Margarita Ect,,and So,,about 10 Snails And 10 Asst Reef Hermits..
  7. T

Skilters Suck....and A Puffer Is A Bad Idea. Get A Emperor 400,,and Yes You Need A Powerhead Or 2. Only Long Term Safe Crabs Are Reef Hermits. With Low To Moderate Stocking Levels,,a 5 Gallon Water Changes Each Week,,you Can Delay A Skimmer. Go For A Turbo Floater, Or A Backback Ect,,but Again...
  8. T

Why corals die when fishes are alright?

Never Ever Ever Add Any Coral To A Uncycled Tank..and Read Up On Proper Placement, Lighting And Coral Chemical Warfare...wetwebmedia.com Has Alot Of Faqs To Help You Good Luck
  9. T

why does live rock die?

Live Rock Answer Hi, First Off, All Liverock Removed From Water Will Have Die Off From Collection If Allowed To Dry At All. Usually About Half Of The Pretty Stuff On A Given Peice Of Liverock Will Die, Later Builing Other Stuff Back. The Smell Can Be Anywhere From 3 Days To Its Fully...
  10. T

lighting for a 29 marine

150 Watt 10,000 K Hqi Metal Halide
  11. T

Invertebrates which are "NOT" Reef Safe

YES emerald crabs are NOT REEF SAFE!!! I ONLY TRUST 3 OR 4 HERMITS LIKE BLUE LEG, RED LRG,SCARLET AND LEFT HANDED ZEBRA,,,,
  12. T

Lighting needs?

Anemone Lighting Live Rock,,id Do A Mix Of 10,000k And Actic Blue,,mabe The 50/50 Lights But Seperate Is Better. 3 To 5 Watts A Gallon Good For Lr However,,,clown Aka Pacific Anemone Need Great Lighting,,the Macro Doreensis Aka Lta Is A Good Starter As Is The Bubble Tip. If They Settle In The...
  13. T

Crab eating my corals

Bad Crabs Most Crabs,,,eat Coral,,look At The Pinchers, Curved Or, Straight Like Scissors? Straight Seem To Be A Tad Safer,,a Trap For Mantis Shrimp,,baited And Put In At Lights Out Might Catch Him. Look For Id Pic At Wetwebmedia.com....good Luck. P.s Only Crabs I Trust Are A Few Species Of...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store