Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Y

I am just loving my aquarium right now.

It's simple looking, looks soothing and beautiful. Ideal. The Talmud says: Who is the wealthy person? He who is happy with what he has.
  2. Y

Canister filters

And I've got a Eheim Pro 2 2028 and you know what? It hums too.
  3. Y

How often should the Media in a canaster filter...

It depends on stocking levels, but i"d change a part once or twice a year. Do it once a year. If you go with plastic media, you never need to change it-- just rinse.
  4. Y

"Annual" and "perrenial" fishes

Well, you're all right: I actually mean short- lived (somewhat annual at that) and long-lived. I also had a platy for more than 2 years, and an odd glowlite for several years. But these are exceptions and most Bettas won't last TOO long. On the other hand there are species which keep opn...
  5. Y

"Annual" and "perrenial" fishes

Hi. Much the same as with ornamental plants, there are short-lived fishes and long-lived species. It depends on the type, adaptability and breeding. I hold, for example, that bettas and live-bearers are naturally short-lived (18 months) and things are made worse by bad in- breeding. Same goes...
  6. Y

leaking Eheim Professional 2

Right, except that it makes a slight humming maybe because of this--and I thought that this might not be "healthy." By the way, how do I lubricate that hidden primer gasket? You can't do it by Q-tip or anything else. I've tried and so have others. What I do is this: I buy a spray can of...
  7. Y

thanks-- but I'm talking about the black o ring BELOW the head,--not at the primer spot-- and that is available in the stores here, but for a lot of money and I'm not sure that the rubber gasket is the problem...
  8. Y

I don't understand how I can open one valve at a time; both the intake and out-take open and close consecutively, by lifting or dropping the red piece between them. This being the case, what do you mean: "open the valve draining the water from THAT tube"? (Both valves open together!) In...
  9. Y

Quiet canister?

Iv'e an Eheim pro 2 2026 and it's not noisy but it's not dead silent.
  10. Y

Which Water Conditioner Do You Recommend?

I use whatever claims to be good agains chloromines-- though I don't know HOW I could recomend one thing over another. The fact is, even WITHOUT using any thing, I wouldn't see any obvious ill-effect. I don't know how to measure a products effectiveness in this matter. Indeed, for a while I...
  11. Y

What is your favourite group of fish?

Rainbow fishes-- they're so hardy, hard water tolerant, playful, colorful and flash color on their foreheads. Long-lived. Peaceful, life-loving, nice sizes. I'm talking about any species in the family Melantaenia!!!
  12. Y

Hi Mr. Fishmaven-- I tried it again, just tonight and I disasembled the gasket, but to no avail: when I pump the primer, water leaks out but at only one side... (otherwise, as mentioned above, fine). It almost seems like it's a problem with the clips and not the gasket, because I probably...
  13. Y

Silent canisters, REALLY?!

Wow...............
  14. Y

Thanks! I'll check it Tuesday. Anyway, I hear that vaseline will dry out the rubber, so I use silicone spray that I found in a sports store (food-grade). I never actually took the gasket out, only lubricate on the side that faces me. Do you regularly take the rubber gasket out as you...
  15. Y

no, mine was never ABSOLUTELY quiet. It's nice that your's is though.
  16. Y

Wow. I've an Eheim Pro 2, and it's quiet but not 1200- shekels- worth-of- quiet. [Israeli currency]. I mean, it hums (quietly)(But not absolutely quiet).
  17. Y

All this talk about Eheims and Filstars being so so silent... are you guys talking about them when consealed in a cabinet behind closed doors, or outside any cabinet? Of course they would be much quieter in a cabinet.
  18. Y

Hi-- My Eheim Pro 2 leaks at the side of the head when I prime it-- otherwise, it's okay. My question is: must the entire filter be turned in to be services, or can I fix it myself? Can I put the rubber piece in at home? Any experience? By the way, I sort of regret I bought this filter...
  19. Y

rainbows- are they schooling fish?

Rainbows should be kept in schools, they are active and I love them.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store