Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. WaterBaby

Bosemani with body sores

I’ve had him in the tank for about 5 years now. I got him when he was quite small. I will look into the things you suggested and try them. What are you thinking it could be?
  2. WaterBaby

Bosemani with body sores

Water parameters: 78 degrees pH 7.0 No Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates 10ppm Water changes 25% every week along with filter media rinsing. I have a male Bosemani that has had a few red spots (sores) on his side for about a year now. He doesn’t seem lethargic, doesn’t flash, swims and eats fine. No...
  3. WaterBaby

Rainbowfish Slime Coat or something else?

I have already stopped. Thought the same thing. I am still testing like a crazy person though.......(every day.....)
  4. WaterBaby

If that's so, could the nitrates have risen that much due to me dosing the tank with flourish and excel?
  5. WaterBaby

Usually use prime but bought API because they didn't have prime. I wonder why only the female bosemanis? That's what is puzzling me. Actually bought Prime again before I put them in the q tank since it detoxifies.
  6. WaterBaby

Second one just passed. This one had no white coating and no visible red spots or ulcers. Just need to watch the others. By the way, I did quarantine them.
  7. WaterBaby

Well, the fish whose picture is above has passed. I took her out and this is what I see. Maybe a little redness below and pale gills. Is this normal?
  8. WaterBaby

So, I had the eye problem with my female Angelfish, who by the way is back in the big tank, and her eye looks no better (maybe slightly worse but her issue may be related to this thread). Now both my female bosemanis are ill. Only the females. One is hovering either in a corner (not eating) and...
  9. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

Thank you! I will think about putting her back in the main tank!
  10. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

Well, the treatment is done. The eye looks no worse, but really no better...... can anyone pinpoint the issue with this picture? It looks internal to me, like there is something wrong with the lens. The white spots are still on, or in the aqueous humor, the cloudyness may have gone away a little...
  11. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

Any idea how long to treat with the Methyline Blue? I just did a water change because of Ammonia and I replaced by ratio the water removed/Methyline blue back into the tank. She has been in this treated water since Thursday night. A little hard to see her eye because of the tinted water.
  12. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

Ok, I bought the Methyline Blue. Now do I treat along WITH salt and Melafix or just the Methyline Blue itself?
  13. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

I got her from a friend who was moving about 3 years ago. Don't know how long he had her before that. Will look for those meds. Thanks!
  14. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

I think she is hovering sideways because she can't see out of that eye. Today when I look at it, it seems that those white spots are not on her cornea but IN her aqueous humor (I had to look that up ☺️). Her pupil looks funny like it has sunk in on on the inside and has a shine to it. I am at a...
  15. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

Well, this has been a day.... first thing this morning when I went to see how my girl was doing, OMG! She was hovering on her side in the middle of the tank. The second thing I realized is that the tank water was warm to the touch. My thermometer in the tank read 80 but when I put another in the...
  16. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

Just 1 day in salt and Melafix and already I see swelling going down a little.Eye is a little clearer. We will see!!
  17. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

I will try that! Thank you!!
  18. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

Last water change was last weekend and I am going to do one tomorrow. Thinking about isolating her and either keeping that water pristine or medicating her...... with what, I have no idea. Any suggestions? No other symptoms other than she is swimming a little funny. Head up, swimming obviously...
  19. WaterBaby

Angelfish eye trouble

Hi All, I have a female Angelfish with what looks like small white dots on her left eye and it also looks a little cloudy and maybe a little swollen. Her right eye is fine. Any ideas? No other fish sick, and no new additions except for pleco which I added 1.5 month ago. No Ammonia, Nitrites...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store