Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

Anemone Lighting Question and Lighting in General.

Joey is on the right track, just seems like maybe you were having trouble trying to say what you meant?!? The depth of your tank is a consideration, as is the total gallons. The wavelength and intensity of your lights is also important. The easiest way i can explain is to think of it this...
  2. A

i need an alge eater!

Another vote for the bristle nose. Or flying fox, but they are not as affective IMO.
  3. A

Feeding Discus

Mine wont touch the stuff! They love frozen blood worms, and i give them a frozen 'discus dinner' pack with lots of good stuff to help keep em healthy.
  4. A

for those of you with broadband....

OI OI OI!!! :D Sorry 'bout your bandwidth bud...
  5. A

for those of you with broadband....

Cant see anything bud...
  6. A

discus doodie

Mine did the same when i first got them. Hadnt paid much attention to the colour of their poop whilst they were in the shop, so i dont know if they were just unwell from the move. Anyways, in less than 2 weeks, it had returned to a darker, more healthy colour. How long have you had yours...
  7. A

My Lil Sis needs help **Discus**

That would be the main problem.... They love warm, clean water...
  8. A

Discus' 5th Batch of Eggs

How often are they laying?
  9. A

gouramis

Yeah mine use them to touch other fish, as well as items in the tanks.. They can extend them forward to touch things in front of them, kinda like feeler arms.
  10. A

Sea horse keepers?

Ive thought about keeping them, but they seem to be tricky to feed from my reading. What/how do you feed yours?
  11. A

starfish

My blue linkia has been doing great for about a month or more. Its even growing its leg back that must of broken off not long before it was collected and shipped. He does move over the live rock, and he probably is grazing, but he definately doesnt leave trails of desctruction or anything. I...
  12. A

sand question

No you dont need to live sand. It is good if you can get some. Dont supposed you know anyone with an established saltwater aquarium? Taking a half kilo or less even from their tank would be a great idea. They can always throw in some more play sand to make up the difference...
  13. A

ID Please!

Very similar andy, but i dont think thats it. I cant get another pic for a while. Ill post it when i can. Its definately aggressive to anything bigger than it, maybe it feels threatened and takes out larger fish.
  14. A

cocktail shrimp

Well said. I have however, added up to two fish a fortnight, but we are talking small baby fish that dont make a ton of waste. Definately decide to go one way or the other, either fishless with shrimp or use cured live rock, not both.
  15. A

ID Please!

No idea mate! Im confused! :confused: Its a chidlid and its cool. Thats all i know...
  16. A

cocktail shrimp

Well, as much as others here will protest, using live rock to cycle the tank is a great way to do it. IMO it makes more sense. Use cured rock and you'll cycle in hours to days, at most a week.
  17. A

ID Please!

Thanks for the extra help guys! :D
  18. A

ID Please!

Lol the 'top' fish in the top photo IS a gourami! i meant the main fish in that pic smarty :p
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store