Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. V

How many goldfish for a 37g?

Don't most carnivores, in general, eat less often than herbivores? I don't know how much a large oscar eats, for instance, but don't they only get fed once a week or so? Really? A third of a tank a week on an established tank is not "frequent"? Seems like more than what I've heard usually...
  2. V

Do you have any links on stunting? Just doing a cursory search (I'm not very good at google, it appears) I didn't find anything that said they were being hurt. None of my print resources mentioned anything... I dunno, they seem pretty fine to me: they are active, inquisitive, eat well, swim...
  3. V

Yeah, that's interesting. I've seen other people with more overstocked tanks and yet their goldfish kept growing. The woman who introduced me to my wife had a 9 inch long comet in a 10 gallon tank. So, here's the question... If my fish don't grow to that size, and I have just 5 GF in a 29g...
  4. V

Dechlorinating water

Prime is the best, I've found.
  5. V

Cant get stable temperature for Betta fish...

I had a lot of trouble with small heaters for my new betta bowl. I went through all five small ones from my local petsmart before I found an old ebo jaeger 25 watt heater in a garage sale. Way too big, but I think I'm going to go with a 5g aquarium and ditch the bowl, so I'll be able to hide it.
  6. V

That's a common thought since goldfish are typically vegetarian/omnivores, and being grazers, it's thought to be be better to feed them small amounts throughout the day as opposed to one large feeding. If you've got a system that works for you.... As to the original poster, I have 4 goldfish...
  7. V

Axolotl Fun !!!

How do you keep them from hurting each other? Just curious...
  8. V

Mirror???

Do they make mirrors "rated for submersion"? How could you tell? I've put a mirror on the back of the tank like you suggest, but it did little for me. In the tank, though, the mirror is dynamic and it catches the light in interesting ways. I have the tank set up with the mirror and it looks...
  9. V

Mirror???

Would it be safe to put a mirror in an aquarium? I'm designing an all-glass aquarium for a friend and he would like to put a mirror in the tank (it would look pretty cool) but I;m wondering if the backing of the mirror has any level of toxicity. Thanks...
  10. V

Set up for system if $$ was no problem

I'd want someone to clean it for me...
  11. V

Ryder Cup

I would disagree with the assertion that Americans are not inclined towards team sports in general. Team sports are FAR more popular here than individual sports which pretty much are only showcased at the Triple Crown and during the Olympics. (For discussion purposes, I feel that NASCAR is a...
  12. V

Any Buffy Fans out there???

Thanks for the answers, guys. One question re: Glory. So did Buffy kill Glory/Ben?
  13. V

Any Buffy Fans out there???

I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD the past couple of weeks, but the library is missing season 5. We'll finish season 6 tonight, but there are a couple of holes that I haven't exactly figured out. Where did Dawn come from? And why is everyone, including Spike, so concerned...
  14. V

For those born between 1967-1977

1. Do you think the lawsuits between 1982-1992 rose in frivolity and plain selfishness? In other words, was it simply for 'me, me, me'? Hard to characterize it as such. The 80s saw the rise of asbestos and lead base paint litigation, and the effects of that have been enormous. If you've...
  15. V

For you golfers -- Caddy comments

I love this one, takes a bit of intelligence to come up with this retort...
  16. V

Funny, but cruel?

You can waste a lot of time at ebaumsworld.
  17. V

Woman Arrested, Cuffed for Eating Candy

This is NOT a terrorism issue. It is, as GEL said, about anal Metro police. It is clearly posted that there is no food and drink allowed on the trains or even in the stations. Secondary reporting seems to indicate that the woman in question put up an argument and it got hairy from that...
  18. V

Reclaiming My Crown!

Not one of your best, Lila.:thud:
  19. V

Assault Weapons Ban- Yea or Nea?

Wow, I agree with slip on something. Being a fan of gun control I am obviously in favor of the automatic weapons ban. But since the Supreme Court seems to ignore the "well regulated militia" part of the 2nd Amendment, then I'm left with the realization that it may be time for gun control...
  20. V

Local Celebrations

Well, I've been to Cheyenne Days and I thought that was kind of annoying, but my aunt lives in Casper, WY and I missed the dedication of the Oregon Trail interpretive center she helped found. She somehow thought I'd like the plastic-ness of Cheyenne Days. It was disappointing for me. We...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store