Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. NJ Devils Fan

Python users

If you have good water pressure, they have longer pythons. I mention the water pressure because the longer the hose, the less suction there will be from the faucet. That probably would be a slightly cheaper solution than the new sink, but I'm sure hubby won't mind. ;)
  2. NJ Devils Fan

Python users

There are two options on the python - you can either drain/syphon the water out of the tank or fill the tank. When you are going to syphon, the piece of the python that attaches to the faucet lets the water from the sink run through the python's plastic tube: When you are going to fill the...
  3. NJ Devils Fan

OFFICIAL NHL PLAYOFF SMACK TALKING THREAD

Still can't believe how much of a moron Tortorella is. I would sue him until the cows came home if I was that woman that got hit. I love how he scratches Avery for disciplinary reasons and then does that. I would love to see Washington force a game 7, although idk if I would rather play them or...
  4. NJ Devils Fan

My Brute

Yea, it's been a looooong time indeed. I haven't really been keeping with my tank much which stinks. Between class (graduating in a few weeks) and my internship, I've honestly had time for nothing...especially now with the devils in the playoffs, yanks season underway...it never ends! I'm hoping...
  5. NJ Devils Fan

My Brute

One of my friends sent me this link and it actually passed a little bit of time. You basically get a character that you semi-customize and they just fight other characters. The more people you get as your pupils, the faster you "level up". Kind of fun to pass a little bit of time and not think...
  6. NJ Devils Fan

Longest thread in AC

Wow, seems like it's been forever since I've been around here. Sadly, I don't see anyone I remember so far...
  7. NJ Devils Fan

Popeye days apart...?

I had a pair of Serpae tetras in my 72g for about 2-3 years. All was fine when I noticed one with popeye. I removed it from the tank, and about 2 days later, the other one had it. How could that happen? No other fish in the tank have any illness. All parameters are normal and there have been no...
  8. NJ Devils Fan

Advanced reading books...

I have a subscription to TFH. I think I'll just stick to that for the time being unless anyone else has something they thing is worth reading. Thanks everyone.
  9. NJ Devils Fan

Lol, I've been around here and in the hobby for years. I want to read more scientific books/articles is what I'm saying. I don't have any questions, I just want to increase my general knowledge of the hobby.
  10. NJ Devils Fan

Anyone have any good recommendations for a somewhat advanced aquarium book? I'm not looking for something on how to start a tank, but something that offers some advanced info, beneath the surface that someone who is not a beginning might not know. I read a few articles on the types of bacteria...
  11. NJ Devils Fan

How do you rinse sand?

I used a pillowcase in the bathtub a couple of years ago for my onyx sand. I'm surprised no one recommended it so far. I still got some clouding, but I expected it.
  12. NJ Devils Fan

Violet Goby cooked himself...

I would suggest a heater guard to prevent something like this from happening again. They are only a few dollars and available at most pet stores.
  13. NJ Devils Fan

I hate to say this but i think i might be losing interest, help me!

I would say give a planted tank a try as it isn't all that easy and will take up time learning the right mixtures of chemicals and nutrients to keep them healthy. That, or if you have the money, attempt saltwater.
  14. NJ Devils Fan

NYC tap water?

I love new world...and that reminds me, I need to make a trip there soon...:headbang2:
  15. NJ Devils Fan

New Filter Suggestions

Xp3 and an Emperor 280 and you can't go wrong!
  16. NJ Devils Fan

Black sand substrate and vacuuming...

I have onyx sand in my tank and it is excellent. I will purposely stir up the sand to pick up additional gunk that may not move otherwise. No, no clouding with the sand. Its $15.99 per 15 lb bag on Big Al's. It does have a slight alkaline buffer though, so I would advise using this sand if you...
  17. NJ Devils Fan

Excellent Example of common fish diseases

Sadly, that is how most of the chain stores are. They don't care about quality because quantity is what puts cash in their pocket. From their perspective, a fish living a few weeks is better than one living months/years for the fact that they assume the consumer will be returning to purchase...
  18. NJ Devils Fan

The best way to filter a 125g?

After all these years of fishkeeping, I never learned how a sump really works. They seem like more work and less efficient than maybe 3 canister filters on a tank that size.
  19. NJ Devils Fan

Your 2 cents

Aqua clear and Emperor filters are the two best HOB filters on the market right now. Just use the respective media for either one. With the emperor, you have a bit more play in the fact that it comes with a media basket for which you could put some polyfill or something similiar in that will aid...
  20. NJ Devils Fan

Do you prefer many tanks or just one?

Just 1 tank for me, 72g. 2-3 big tanks, meaning bigger than what I currently have, would be something I would like to achieve. However, still living at home somewhat hampers that from happening. I wouldn't want several smaller tanks for the fact that they would take focus away from each other...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store