Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. branflake12

Bought a house...came with a tank.

Alright, more pics tonight. Powerheads are maxi 1200's in each far corner, and a koralia in the middle, facing right. It had been off for a while (chopped up the anemone), but i recently turned it back on (could be partly responsible...turn off?). As for nutrients, anything i can do short of...
  2. branflake12

Ahh! I gotta stop this cyano outbreak. The whisps of the stuff are like 6 inches long. I've got the chemiclean, but last time i used it i might have bothered my anemone. Is the cause of this stuff too high levels of phosphates? Thoughts?
  3. branflake12

Thanks! Ill check into those locally.
  4. branflake12

Sure! Couple pics of the surviving Chromis. They are too bloody fast to photograph well. Might try submerging the camera next time. The anemone has healed up well but has moved out of view to behind some rocks. As he is only interesting when we see him, I am planning to see if not feeding...
  5. branflake12

I didnt think the chromis would inter-fight given that they schooled up nice. LFS sure didnt say they would either. Oh well. the remaining three seem to be ok for now. Bulbs are PC's, replaced one of the 10K's (over the most of the shrooms) in december. Rest are ? old. On my "wish list" of what...
  6. branflake12

Update: I've lost 2 of the chromis. One never found, 1 was looking battered last night so i stuck him in the floating box, dead when i got home from work tonight. I read these things can be finicky, but any ideas? My parameters are all "ideal" save for high phosphates. My mushrooms are darker...
  7. branflake12

Thanks didz, and welcome! I will try and get some schooling shots of the new guys, but they are fast little buggers. I got an LED driver for the moon lights in my hood (never had them on till yesterday) and saw that my coral banded shrimp does in fact leave his cave, just at night. Any tricks...
  8. branflake12

I dropped into the LFS and we came to the conclusion that it might have moved up too close to my Koralia and shredded itself. I have used the chemclean before, and what i read said no problems, so i did it again trying to clear up the cyano. anywho, he ate last night with what tentacles he had...
  9. branflake12

Pink Tip Hatian, fine yesterday, looks deflated today.

Need some more help with this guy: http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?229441-Bought-a-house...came-with-a-tank.&p=2594661&viewfull=1#post2594661 Sincethe photos where uploaded hes retreated further and further into the rock. I can only see a few tentacles now. test came back...
  10. branflake12

Need some more help with my pink tip anemone I dosed (properly) some chemiclean to get rid of red cyano slim last night. Cut off the skimmer and added an airstone as instructed. This morning it looks like this: It looks like something has been chewing on it. No new addtions save for the...
  11. branflake12

Is there any problem with setting my skimmer up on a timer to shut off for a few hours each night? Its a bit loud and its right behind the couch where we watch TV.
  12. branflake12

added 5 blue green small chromis to the tank today. Fun to watch them school. Might add 5 more at some point.
  13. branflake12

Well tonight i dumped in some frozen brine shrimp too get everyone out into view...sure enough 3 emerald crabs (the first one i lost i saw guts and what not, this last one just the top shell and legs) Thanks greech...you always know how to calm my panic level down a notch.
  14. branflake12

Any idea why I would have an emerald crab die? ive lost 2 in the last few months. Everyone else, porcelain crabs, hermits, shrimp, are fine; i just found piece of emerald crab shell all over the bottom last night. The remaining two look healthy when i can see them. Thoughts?:confused:
  15. branflake12

Thanks Greech! I will check on those locally. Here is what I have found (or close) locally (and also in my price range): http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1634+115&pcatid=115 ? or http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+28+111&pcatid=111 like this one a...
  16. branflake12

Hey thanks! I appreciate it, I had no idea what i was getting into with this tank, but its finally someplace that i dont look at it and think "wow there still so much to do" In fact, i am considering getting a fish or two to liven it up. Maybe a pair of something friendly, fast and blue...
  17. branflake12

Thanks for the reply! Last night he was looking plump and normal. New to this :o
  18. branflake12

It was pretty bad, and I didnt know it (never had done salt) when we were looking at the house. I thought the aptasia were kind of pretty and definitely supposed to be there... The previous owner built the whole setup you can see in the pictures and lots more, and some things, like the...
  19. branflake12

This morning he looked better (but still inside himeself and asleep). Thanks for the input greech. The lighting is a coralife 65 watt PC 10000K (x2) and two PC blue actinic PC's. Far better than the pet store had on him, but it will have to do.
  20. branflake12

I have been keeping a thread over in beginner marine: http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229441 If you want to skip the 10 pages, here is the post in question: http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2575277&postcount=94 Yesterday he looked like this...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store