Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. blazingazn

What is wrong with my rainbow crab?

It looks like a swimmeret. The triangular shape on the chest is actually it's tail extremely tucked away. The broad triangle shape means it is a female, so I'm pretty certain its a swimmeret. Maybe during the molting process, that one swimmeret didn't shed properly and is now malformed.
  2. blazingazn

FS Cherry Shrimps Queens, NY P/U only

I have a bunch of cherry shrimps that are just breeding like crazy in my tank. I need to start thinning the population so that's why I'm selling them at a bulk rate of $10 for 20 shrimps. I AM NOT A BREEDER. The shrimps just happen to do very well in my tank. And since I'm not a breeder, these...
  3. blazingazn

Crushed coral or activated carbon, or both?

sounds like something in your aquarium is reacting with the water and making it acidic. did you pick up any rocks from the outside and placed it into your aquarium? i had that problem once. i discovered that a rock i had was just bringing the pH down
  4. blazingazn

treating ich in an tank with inverts?

i've used the salt treatment for my ich problems and my amanos don't seem to be affected. the main precaution i took was to gradually introduce the salt water to my main tank water to avoid rapid osmolarity changes. mts seem to be fine too
  5. blazingazn

FS nerites shrimp and plants for sale

will nerites eat bba or cyano?
  6. blazingazn

WTB Vampire Shrimp

vampie, i think it is Win... by mott st right... or was it mulberry lol. although the store carries it, i've always seen the shrimps in pretty bad condition. i've only seen one being stocked at a time. when i first saw it, i was really hesitant to buy a $10 shrimp in poor condition... but i knew...
  7. blazingazn

WTB Vampire Shrimp

stussy, if u ever pass by ctown in manhattan, i know a shop that carries vampire shrimps once in a while, they sell it for $10
  8. blazingazn

FS Pygmaeus Cories

oh man im too late! if you said they're spawning regularly, does that mean u'll have more to sell soon?
  9. blazingazn

a fish tank for a museum

ooh can u get ur hands on a coelacanth and set up a display?! that would be so awesome. but back to primitive fishes... bichirs, gars, lungfish come to mind...
  10. blazingazn

FS cories cories cories shipping or pickup

are u planning to breed/sell corydoras pygmaeus in the future?
  11. blazingazn

land hermit crabs

i use eco-earth for the substrate, it holds moisture really well and keeps the humidity high. i've also used playsand from home depot in the past, the 50lb bag. it worked fine, my crabs had no problems. as for the temperature... i dont use a heater at all. in the winter, my house can get pretty...
  12. blazingazn

have you kept an Orchid Mantis?

i dont have an orchid mantis, but im currently keeping a creobroter gemmatus. its pretty easy to keep one, they dont need a lot of space, room temp is fine, and u can just feed crickets. simple, yet fascinating pets!
  13. blazingazn

I just added to my Mudskipper harem. (Pic heavy) :D

great tank setup, i love it! are those indian or african skippers? where did u get them from?
  14. blazingazn

whats a otto?

search online for it!
  15. blazingazn

FREE FREE PLANTS

wait im confused... bk is actually buying frogbit?! i swore i read that he had a whole bunch himself... lol
  16. blazingazn

FREE FREE PLANTS

oh wow, my tank was on the way to looking like that. then i bought some suction cups and string to restrict them to an area of the tank so that the light would still reach the plants below. do the submerged plants get affected from the lack of light?
  17. blazingazn

Why is my bamboo shrimp red?

my bamboo shrimp is normally a yellow orangey color. the horizontal bands on the exo as well as their fans would turn a bright orange/reddish color when they're about to molt
  18. blazingazn

Question on the 1 inch of fish per gallon rule..

i think it depends on the types of fish u want. if u want hyper active fish or territorial fish, then u'd need a bigger tank to accomodate them. if u have tetras, which like to be in schools, then u can fit more of them into the same amount of given area. some ppl also take into account how...
  19. blazingazn

FREE CL find for ppl in NY!

found this on craigslist for ppl in new york, free 55 gallon tank with stand, lights, hood, filter! if i had the space i would snatch it up. http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/zip/950474239.html
  20. blazingazn

Qs-tip #9 Starting a siphon without sucking.

people still suck the siphons?! lol
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store