Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. mysis

stocking biotype

2. mysis

Stocking a 40 gallon Saltwater Tank

IMO 1-2 chromis (you will most likely end up with this number anyway)
  3. mysis

which skimmer is better?

IMO remora, but i guess it depends on the size of the coralife skimmer.
  4. mysis

testing saltwater.. help!

If you did a search on google you would get all your answers.
  5. mysis

live rock stow-aways reef safe?

But you can bunch corals of the same species together, the coral looks like a fungia,
  6. mysis

metal halide/halogen

Have you actually tested this theory? Because it is wrong
  7. mysis

Mushrooms losing color

Yes
  8. mysis

Is a UGJ a good idea for a marine tank?

Under gravel jets? The best way to do it IMO is to use eggcrate and build platforms for the LR at the back of the tank can sit on it, direct flow from a couple of powerheads into the LR.
  9. mysis

would someone need-

You want inverts that eat detritus aswell.
  10. mysis

fw - fowlr

Ok
  11. mysis

stocking biotype

Ok cool, I live in Perth and we get the lewin current coming down from the tropics and loads of tropical fish come down aswell. In Australia, we are not in the same type of crisis as the USA, fortunately there are strict laws governing how many fish are taken out the sea (commercial)...
  12. mysis

how do they differ

Differences: corals, NH3, NO2 and N03 are more toxic, live rock, live sand, turnover rate should be higher, DSB, BB, SSB. Equipment, Protein skimmer, Lighting (Metal halide is best option IMO), heater, powerheads, RO/DI unit, testkits. Bigger the tank the better.
  13. mysis

bad or good crab?

All crabs have to potential to kill snails, in my tank i had a crash after my big turbo snail was killed by crabs.
  14. mysis

commom mistakes

I think he means what common mistake people make that might kill their fish?
  15. mysis

metal halide/halogen

If you get one that is 10 000 kelvin to 20 000k it would be perfect.
  16. mysis

live rock stow-aways reef safe?

never heard of a cup coral with clear tentacles (sweepers), can you get a pic? The urchin sounds like it may be a pencil urchin, again a photo would help.
  17. mysis

Bugs a plenty

The ones that get caught will be. some fish eg mandarins, pipefish hunt them for food, other fish will snap one up if they get the opportunity.
  18. mysis

Refugiums?

To keep this fish sucessfully your tank should be fine size wise for 1 without a refugium, but you must make sure you don't have other fish that will compete for pods like pipefish and some wrasse. A refugium is for an area where pods can reproduce without predatation. Info on refugium...
  19. mysis

fw - fowlr

Did you join up? On that forum i am Deanp, you can also join a "marine aquarists society of (whatever state you are from)" Like me im in MASWA. Its really good because they have monthly meatings at a different persons house and you get good advice, everyone helps everyone out, (cheap...
  20. mysis

Deep Sand Bed Problems?

You can if you want, i dont.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store