Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. L

Pond noob seeks help.

That is perfect, exactly what I want to do. This is great now I can sketch out a plan and start looking around for the best deal on bricks. Thanks so much pbeemer. Stay tuned for plenty of pictures on my build.....well maybe don't stay tuned but check back in awhile.
  2. L

Pond noob seeks help.

Well I live in Sacramento CA so we don’t get that cold of winters so I am not as much worried about freezing as I am about the water getting too hot. I want to use something like standard Concrete Garden Wall Blocks. Even then I am not sure if I would need to use some kind of cement or if I...
  3. L

Pond noob seeks help.

Ok well I have kept aquariums for years and thought it was time to step outside for a change and try my first pond. My idea is to build an above ground pond using essentially concrete blocks of some sort. Stacked 2 feet high and then drape a pond liner inside. The fact that I think it should...
  4. L

Need some help with a fish list.

Thanks for all the great info. I had never heard that Firefish were so hard to keep, always thought they were a pretty easy fish to keep. I have always thought about having a school of chromis I just don’t want to have to buy fish and watch them die. Think if I just picked up 3 or 4 more I...
  5. L

Need some help with a fish list.

Hello again, hope you don't mind helping me out by giving your expertise on yet another fish list. I am setting up a new tank and would love some help on finalizing my fish list. Tank is a reef tank(LPS, mushrooms and leathers mainly), DSB(5in), 125 gallons (72in long, 24in high, 18.5in deep)...
  6. L

Help ID a ?flatworm??

Yah I will be closely examining my rocks during the rest of the move, that is for sure. Thought I think I got lucky when it came to spotting this guy Anyway wanted to share some photos of the quick, little and most importantly cheap setup I made to house this little beast. Could not fit a...
  7. L

Help ID a ?flatworm??

Yah there were some pretty ones listed but, I don’t know, I find this little guy to be kinda cute in its own way.
  8. L

Help ID a ?flatworm??

Ya it is for sure not going back in my display tank. The idea I have for it's own tank is something small and simple. Thinking a large betta bowl type container so I can have 360 view and give it a magnified look. Put black livesand so the flatworm stands out and one column-esk chunk of live...
  9. L

Help ID a ?flatworm??

Ya looks just like that guy in the 2nd link. Thanks tolawdjk. A Reticulated Flatworm huh, been keeping tanks for years and it still surprises me what comes crawling out of the rockwork. It is kinda cool looking so I think I 'm going to try keeping it in a little tank all it's own. If anyone...
  10. L

Help ID a ?flatworm??

Help ID a “flatworm”? Hey all I have been working on upgrading tanks so I pulled my live rock and put it in a bucket overnight. Woke up and found this flat slug/worm thing crawling up the side of the bucket. Any thoughts as to what it could be? Only thing I found close was some kind of...
  11. L

Post your full tank photos here!

Here is my 40 gallon full tank shot. Tanks my pride and joy only thing in my house that's nice lol hope you enjoy
  12. L

(Load Warning!)My New Seahorses + Newly set up aggressive tank

lol ya when I see the big eels at my LFS i get intimidated also pinkertd but this little guy is super nice, He will just gently take the food off the feeding stick then swim back to his little den to eat it. He is so gental in fact i might try feeding by hand...maybe lol from what i read they...
  13. L

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, I thought i would give an update on the seahorses, they are both doing great the bigger one likes to swim around all over the tank sucking little critters off the rocks and when i put the food in he will come get it :D the other guy though is smaller and...
  14. L

Few more from the other day.

Wow beautiful Fish i love that Angel and that is saying something i find most angel fish just all right or ugly even...great photo I would love to know the camera you used for that shot :D P.S. full tank shot please? (with angel in it so i can see how big he really is if you can)
  15. L

Please ID my fish!

Id say the store and ProAquatics are right some kind of Damsel. Most damsels do best in groups of 3+ but that being said most damsels are aggressive little buggers that grow up into aggressive ugly(my opinion) buggers. I would Return them both but again just my opinion :P Sorry could not be...
  16. L

Hey all got my 1st pair of Seahorses today they are awesome, I was a little upset they r both males (i think lol) but that just meens next 2 i get need to be female :D, Also got my new aggressive tank set up and running, it has a snowflake eel, Dwarf fuzzy lion, Black angler, and a Sea hare. I...
  17. L

29 gallon angler tank?

Nice I have been using frozen Silversides and krill because thats about all there is to buy at my LFS, though sometimes they get some live Ghost shrimp and i use those
  18. L

29 gallon angler tank?

Good i thought as much :D Just out of curiosity What do you feed your fish?
  19. L

29 gallon angler tank?

lol nice Cam they had a leaf scorp at my LFS also but he did not look very good so i just went with the Lion and scorpion. The scorpion is great he comes right up to the glass and watches me i think he knows i feed him :P he also kinda falls over makes him look like a leaf or dead algea blowing...
  20. L

29 gallon angler tank?

Here is an update, I put in a Scorpion fish and a Fuzzy dwarf Lion they are so far geting along great...tank looks bad lol but its still new, Here r some pics, sorry they suck i only had my old camera here at the time i will get better pics later
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store