Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Hammerman

Help identify

No aggression between them or any from the other fish, just seemed to show up, no one else has it, just these two.
  2. Hammerman

Help identify

My firemouth has what looks like a large white pimple where his dorsal fin meets his body. The female started to get these around her gills, and also at the base of her body. Any ideals? Thanks~ Scott
  3. Hammerman

parts broke off fluval 404

Big Als has replacment parts, my Fluval had the same issue.
  4. Hammerman

Anyone else had problems with BigAlsOnline?

I've ordered many times with bigalsonline, and have never had a single issue. I order on Wed.... I get it by Friday....
  5. Hammerman

Ebo-Jager Heaters

Thanks guys for all your help! :)
  6. Hammerman

Ebo-Jager Heaters

Hey gang, Quick question, I just replaced two of my older heaters with Ebo-Jager heaters. When I took them out of the box I notice on the top of the heater it states "Do not immerese beyond water level". I thought these heaters were submersibe, so now I'm really confused. Are they or are they...
  7. Hammerman

What to do with a dieing fish?

I have to ditto OrionGirl, I normally will move the fish to a tank of it's own, that way I can monitor the progress much better, also with a sick fish the other tank mates take notice, and don't help in the recovery and if I'm not sure what's going on I want to make sure not to spread the...
  8. Hammerman

whats the deal with clown loaches

For me, They are kinda like puppy dogs, always into mischief, always curious, just fun to watch. my two cents...
  9. Hammerman

Help with Diagnosis of illness

Thanks WetmanNY, I guess my main concern is should I treat the whole tank with an internal antibacterial now, so everyone else doesn't get, or should I let it run it's course. I've changed the water daily now since the first signs, but still no luck. It's just heartbreaking for me to watch...
  10. Hammerman

Help with Diagnosis of illness

Please! Help with Diagnosis of illness Hi Gang, I need help with trying to figure-out what's going on with my juvenile Severums. I came home the other day to find one of my juvenile severums hiding in a corner of the tank. He could swin ok, but he seemed alittle disoriented, he seemed to...
  11. Hammerman

disorantated

Please, understand by no means do I intend to ruffle anyone's feathers, But I have been reading this post over and over and one question I've now had to asked myself is, If fish do not feel pain, does that mean they do not suffer? I'm only asking this because you see the word...
  12. Hammerman

filters on/off during water changes

Mine go off, for the same reasons as stated by Richer.
  13. Hammerman

What do you do when you "tend" to your tank(s)

Here goes it's very simlar to RTR, [/B][/I] 1.) Every Saturday water change of 25-50%. With each water change I do a deep gravel vacumming, clean the glass if needed, add Prime during the refill process. 2.) Every other Saturday I rinse the mechanical media in each filter, add replace as...
  14. Hammerman

Help male blue hap had eggs?????????

Agree, with Reiner... She won't hold them for too long if the eggs are not fertile.
  15. Hammerman

Red Zebra has a mouth full of eggs

Hey Gang, I need some advice, my female red zebra has a mouth full of eggs and I'm not sure when or if I should move the pair to a tank of their own. She didn't have them yesterday, I notice it when I got home from work, so I think it's safe to say she was busy last night or today. The pair...
  16. Hammerman

this is why you use Amquel in your h2o

4th motion for morleyz's suggestion.
  17. Hammerman

Fin nipping and permant damage

I have to second that approach, I do the same when the fins start to get ragged. They heal up just fine. :D
  18. Hammerman

Hammerman

55gal Equipment: 200 watt Tronic heater Fluval 403 Emperor 400 Bubble wall Aquascape: River gravel substrate 1 large piece of driftwood as a center piece Various quartz & granite rocks taken from locate lake Plants: A few small swords A couple of bunches of Anachris Misc...
  19. Hammerman

Ordering from Big Al's online

I'm in Upstate NY, it takes 2 sometimes 3 days for me. I also have never had a problem, :D
  20. Hammerman

PVC and other pipes

I was just going to type the same thing.... Run Away..... Run Away..... :p
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store