Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. P

A story and some questions... read!

The pleco wont get much bigger in that setup.. The lack of space will stunt its growth even before it starts to grow.
  2. P

5 Weeks, Still Cloudy!

If you're getting impatient then just do a 4 day blackout. Meaning 50% waterchange, blackout for 4 days (no light WHATSOEVER, no food) followed by another 50% waterchange. I did this when I had green water and its been 2 months and it hasn't reoccured. It doesn't seem to damage the plants much...
  3. P

Help! Pleco with open wounds!

Slowly lower the temperature to 77-78ish. Do more water changes, because ideally you want the ammonia and nitrite at 0 and nitrate less than 20. Maybe it had the sores and gray patches before moving into your tank because the results you posted of the before water were HORRIBLE. Surprised that...
  4. P

5 gallon stocking?

Probably not.. How about 3 guppies?
  5. P

My Python is too short =(

Now that that's settled... LOL hahaha :thud:
  6. P

My Tanks

I love that snake. I am wondering how big your snake tank is and how big is the minimum for them. Can anything else be housed with them? I would love to have one someday.
  7. P

Laser Pointer Fun

Try purple.. Its supposed to be their favourite colour.
  8. P

African Dwarf Frogs

If you have your fish in a flower container, I'd be more worried about the goldfish ;) Fancies need atleast 25 Gallons each and 10 Gallons for ever other one. Coments and Commons belong in a pond.
  9. P

do i have an overcrowded tank????

Its great that you didn't take everyone's advice the wrong way and go into denial. Great job and good luck with the Gobies.
  10. P

favorite world biotope

Amazon!
  11. P

Cloudy Water

Well it is definately enough with most species, but you're right, with an Oscar, you should either step it up to 50% weekly or 25% twice a week. You really need to check your parameters, and if you can't then just step up your water changes to 25% daily until it clears up.
  12. P

Shrimp suggestions

Could be a flower shrimp too.
  13. P

How do you clean drift wood

Many people use it without ill effects. Where do you think your LFS gets them ;) Just boil it.. It should be fine, as long as its driftwood and not a broken bamboo stick or sumthing :duh:
  14. P

Flys in the Vivarium!!!

I don't know yet because I just bought it a couple weeks ago and its fairly small (2-3"). He tries to eat the Shrimp but I havent seen him actually eat them. However, I've seen the shrimp go from 9 to 6 and a couple tails on the bottom with no body. I think Amano Shrimp can make it though...
  15. P

Flys in the Vivarium!!!

The ghost shrimp are feeders :)
  16. P

Flys in the Vivarium!!!

When I set up my 10G Vivarium, I noticed a couple of small flys got in there. Now after 2 weeks, there are around 15! I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on getting rid of them. Would Fire Belly Toads eat them? Right now I have: 1 FB Newt 6 Ghost Shrimp. Thanks.
  17. P

How much Angles can I have in 35 gallon tank?

What are the tank dimension?
  18. P

stocking 10 gallon

3 Otos 3 Panda Corys OR 1 Rubbernose Pleco 2 Otos 2 Panda Cories (2x water change weekly-10G would be easy to change water anyways) OR 3 Panda Cories 3 Peppered Cories 1 Oto
  19. P

Eating Aquarium Plants?

Alright thanks for the help everyone. LOL Roan that was the point of the title :D I was trying to attract viewers lol. I am actually not concerned about the Bristlenoses but I am about the Rubbernose. Lets see what happens. IME so far all the fish that are supposed to eat plants don't.
  20. P

Eating Aquarium Plants?

I just got 2 Bristlenose Plecos and a Rubbernose pleco for a 55 gallon tank. I will be moving the Rubbernose to a 20Long after my kribs are done breeding, but for now I was wondering if any of these species will eat my live plants. Thanks.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store