Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. R

Columbian Sharks - Need Personal Experiences

Thanks to everyone. After much research I've got a better grasp on what I need to do.
  2. R

Refractometer

No need to respond to this thread. After much research I've decided to go with a digital salinity monitor. Thanks.
  3. R

Columbian Sharks?

Thanks. Strange thing, but I'm pretty excited about them getting so big. I love big fish! My Oscars are going on 10" and 12". They are awesome fish, I'm just crazy about them. I just keep getting new tanks everytime I think their housing is getting to small. The O's Christmas present is a...
  4. R

Digital Salinity Meter

Thanks. I appreciate the advice.
  5. R

Digital Salinity Meter

Hi. Does anyone use a digital salinity meter? I've just read a little about them and read a post from someone who I think used one instead of a hydrometer or a refractometer. Does a digital salinity meter replace both of the above? Is it easier and more accurate? Sometimes it feels...
  6. R

Columbian Sharks?

Thanks. It helps to talk to people who have actually raised the fish you are talking about instead of people who are just offering an opinion. Thanks, Bridget
  7. R

Refractometer

I want to first apologize if this topic has been covered before. There were so many pages and so little time. I would like to know what is the best refractometer? What brand? I want to get it right the first time. Thanks for your help. Bridget
  8. R

Columbian Sharks?

I would like anyone out there who has successfully kept Columbian Sharks to tell me how big their sharks really got. Everyone on the web has a thought on the subject, but I want to hear from people who actually have them or have had them. Thanks for sharing your personal accounts of an awesome...
  9. R

Thanks for the information. I am very sorry about your sharks. I know that must have been a terrible shock. Bridget
  10. R

Before you read this I want to let everyone know that I have read the brackish water articles/faqs and around 20 or more profiles on Columbian Sharks. I need a little more personal experience now. Hello everyone. I have been searching the net for quite some time trying to wade through all of...
  11. R

Tank Braces

Thanks for the advice. I'll check the site out.
  12. R

Tank Braces

Hi. I need some advice. We just found a beautiful 125 gallon tank. It is 18 years old, in perfect shape and very inexpensive. Here is the problem. It has no braces. Apparently they didn't put them in tanks then? Not sure. So basically I need to know several things. 1) Where do you get...
  13. R

Moving, Need Advice on Moving Fish

Phises, Thank you so much. You have been extremely helpful. I will pick up all of the stuff I need this weekend. Good luck on your trip. Hopefully we will all arrive safely and settle in quickly. God Bless, Bridget
  14. R

Moving, Need Advice on Moving Fish

I need some advice on how best to move my fish. It is a long move. We are moving from Oklahoma to North Dakota. We will not be able to drive straight through so it will probably be about a 48 hour trip. I've bought very large ice cube coolers and had holes drilled in the top which will give...
  15. R

Oscar Mate behaviour (not breeding article)

Oscars are the most wonderful, caring, smart, protective fish I've ever encountered. I have a mating pair and they are inseparable. They are always watching out for one another and where one goes the other goes. I'm crazy about them and they just think I'm crazy. LOL.
  16. R

Cory Cat's Dying

Update: My Cory Cat's are doing much better. The water changes to get the salt out of the tank saved the rest of them and they are now thriving. They really do like to eat, almost as much as my Oscars. All I can figure is they couldn't tolerate the salt. The tank was cycled so thats not it...
  17. R

Betta needs HELP!

Thanks for responding. It's morning now and the situation has gone from really bad to a lot worse. After removing almost everything from his tank last night (except something for him to hide in) he has torn his other pectoral fin very badly. He is still swimming up for air but it is very...
  18. R

Betta needs HELP!

I feel so helpless. I need someone to help me. Tiber is suffering and I want to make the right choice to help him. Am I supposed to euthinize him or will he survive. He doesn't look like he's going to make it. I can't let him suffer anymore. Crying won't help because I've tried that. I...
  19. R

Betta needs HELP!

Hi. My Betta "Tiber" has hurt himself again. I've only had him 14 days and he's torn off his pelvic fins and tonight he apparently wedged himself under the rocks and tore off one of his Pectoral Fin (body parts based on this betta biology site >...
  20. R

Betta Problem

Please help me. I really want Tiber to live. He is such a sweetheart.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store