Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. caribou-lou

Wtb 120-180gal Grand Rapids,mi

I have a 180-gallon glass aquarium for sale. I live in Macomb Twp. $180.00USD for the tank and the glass tops.
  2. caribou-lou

cleaning a used 150 gal

I used both vinegar and Oxyclean (that laundry stuff). First I tried vinegar and it worked extremely well on the tank. The glass tops not so well. Somebody suggested Oxyclean, and it worked wonders. Says that it is safe for aquariums. Just fill it up with water and some Oxyclean, let it...
  3. caribou-lou

Removing salt/scale from aquarium glass

Sorry. No pics. My wife and I purchased a digital camera about 2 weeks ago, and after we got home she told me she would rather buy a film camera. Luckily, I hadn't opened the package otherwise we would have been charged that ridiculous restocking fee. Funny thing is, when I took it back...
  4. caribou-lou

I used the Oxyclean and it worked great. Took off all of the grime and salty haze. Rinsed them off real well and soaked them in a lot of water. The tank looks fabulous.
  5. caribou-lou

Thanks for the replies. Used the blade idea with a ton of vinegar to cut down on most of the grime. I never thought of Oxyclean. My wife has a big tub of it. I'll give it a whirl on my glass tops.
  6. caribou-lou

180 gallon for sale in S.E. Michigan

I recently acquired a 180 gallon aquarium that I am putting up for sale. It is in great shape and comes with the glass tops (these are a little hazy, but I will attempt to clean). I will help deliver it to locations within 30 miles of my home for $10 additional. USA locations only. I...
  7. caribou-lou

Thanks for the responses. I cleaned it out again yesterday with just plain vinegar. Came out spotless. I guess it needed a second cleaning. The tops are a little stubborn. I will use the vinegar & baking soda combo on those. The silicone seals seem to be fine. I've had it full of...
  8. caribou-lou

Thanks for the info. I'll try it out this weekend and see if it helps.
  9. caribou-lou

I moved it over here from Marine Products & DIY. No bites over there. What is the easiest way to remove old crusty salt/scale stains from aquarium glass? I picked up a 180 gallon tank that had been left empty for 4 years, without cleaning off the glass. It now has salt/scale all...
  10. caribou-lou

What is the easiest way to remove old crusty salt/scale stains from aquarium glass. I picked up a 180 gallon tank that had been left empty for 4 years, without cleaning off the glass. It now has salt/scale all over the inside of the aquarium glass. I was told vinegar would work. I...
  11. caribou-lou

180g Tank For Sale

180 for sale Sorry, that is a little too far for me. Thanks for the response.
  12. caribou-lou

180g Tank For Sale

180 for sale cich-o , Where is S.E. MI? I live on the east-side, Harper Woods. Let me know if still available.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store