Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. M

Continuing the previous thred, do not enter if u cant get that its just for fun!

The Dovii and the umbees when adults. I dont know which is tougher lb. for lb. though. I still wonder which is tougher. I posted a thread about it and ask people for their experiences and the Mod closed it up.. How nice of them huh?
  2. M

tankmates for a dempsey

a salvini, A barb, robertsoni, fire mouth, oscar, and much more.. Cichlid or any fish? Does it have to be smaller? JD do well with oscars.
  3. M

That's what's fun about cichlids!!

Do you not understand the word "careless" in the sentence? They are grown adults not a child like you.. Leave it to them. They can do whatever they feel is right. If I get kick off, that means I don't belong here. Life goes on. You want me to get the boot, I know. Bringing that up was just a...
  4. M

:coffee2: Im actually having coffee as Im typing this too.. You're right. Good info do pop out in strange places. And I think the moderators should be moderators instead of trying to be parents, and closing up peoples discussions. It's not like Im being dirty or anything ya know?
  5. M

You're sure Im one of those people huh? You've been stalking and doing research on me?? Creep... About me not contributing useful info, Im sorry if Im not useful for you. I contribute whatever I know. Not that I don't want to. But does it have to be that way? What if I don't know much...
  6. M

Don't get me wrong. I love animals and I take very good care of them. People think Im an abuser or something. It's not about fighting them. Fighting is what they do at times. That's their nature, fight to defend their territory. And I find it interesting in cichlids.. So that's one of the...
  7. M

Can I compare you to a fish?
  8. M

Why do I like SA & CA cichlids? Because of their atitude, size, and lastly, their beauty. My favorite part of raising them is watching them battle it out for what they want, which is territory or dominance in the tank. When they fight, they don't fight to death. One of the two has to run away...
  9. M

re:

it looks like a good dither or a meal.
  10. M

Question of the new millenia!

Here's something similar to that. I had a 6" flowerhorn and a 6" motoguense. They fought for more than half an hour. It would have went on longer if I didn't separate them. The flowerhorn won the fight by my decision because he got the better bites. The next day I took out the separator and the...
  11. M

Guapotes intelligence

Trimac can get petted. I've done it myself. I used to have 1. And a friend of mine had one too. And his let him pet it too. Cool huh? Hmmm.... I wonder if we can get the guapotes to do the same. Reptile guy has a jaguar.. Lets get him to try it out.
  12. M

Guapotes intelligence

Really? Oscars are smarter?? A Trimac can be peted too you know that? I dont know about other big cichlids. Maybe they can be peted too. Just need to spend time with them maybe. So what kind of tricks can be taught to a oscar? Or was it just a joke?
  13. M

Guapotes intelligence

Lets say that my english is poor. Im sure you're smart enough to know what Im trying to ask.
  14. M

Guapotes intelligence

Do all guapotes have the same level of intelegence or is it true that doviis and jaguars are the smartest fish?
  15. M

S. Ahli? Zebra? Hybrid? Something else?

well, to me it looks more of a mbuna, but it does look like it has a small percentage of a hap, because the head looks a lil bit sharp to be a full mbuna.. It does look like a red top,. Just a lil light in color.. But I doubt a hap would breed with a mbuna though. I wouldn't say that's a full...
  16. M

to introduce myself...

Ever thought of getting rid of her and start over with a baby pair??? Unless you can find a big male that she cant beat up on..
  17. M

to introduce myself...

You should get her a bigger tank. Maybe a boyfriend too, to keep her busy and not feel too lonely.. Just a suggestion.
  18. M

It's got the shape of a peacock and colors and paterns of a zebra that's why. The face looks like half zebra and half peacock though. That's just what I see.. I think it's a mix.
  19. M

I think thats a mix between a zebra and a peacock
  20. M

Anyone From South Africa

he's in the cichlid section isnt he? :D
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store