Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. DeputyChiefJR

ID this cichlid please

Maybe an OB Peacock...
  2. DeputyChiefJR

A few pictures of my fish in my 600

As Kelso says in that 70's show, "Astronauts must be hot cuz it says here they get all the Tang they want." Btw, that's a nice piece of wrasse you've got there.
  3. DeputyChiefJR

Pseudotropeus saulosi

At worst you could end up with 4 males, one of which refuses to change color out of fear of being terrorized.
  4. DeputyChiefJR

Cichlids in a 55g tank?

I like mbuna or haps.
  5. DeputyChiefJR

Tetratex EX1200 Leaking (Marineland C Series)

I had the same problem, but it was a loose rubber gasket. They sent a new seal and motor and it has worked perfectly.
  6. DeputyChiefJR

Does anyone watch SNL?

Bobby Moynihan, he's a great comedian. He actually helped me with just joking around in real life. He said, disconnect your brain from your actions and at times you will find you say things that would shock yourself with how funny they are.
  7. DeputyChiefJR

Does anyone watch SNL?

I agree about the writing being pretty awful most of the time. You still get a gem every so often, but yeah...
  8. DeputyChiefJR

what is your favorite canister filter?

I have a mag 350 and a c-360 and I love them both. The mag 350 is the most reliable thing I've ever experienced in life....It just goes and goes, despite the fact that priming can be a pain (I'm not so sure I understand what a previous post meant by just tipping it, that has never worked for...
  9. DeputyChiefJR

Does anyone watch SNL?

One of my good friends from college is a regular player on there now and I was wondering if anyone was a fan.
  10. DeputyChiefJR

Plecos at West Hartford Puppy Center

To any pleco lovers in CT, I saw some a beautiful galaxia pleco at the West Hartford Puupy Center. I don't know much about them, but this one looked like a prize.
  11. DeputyChiefJR

Craigslist - Scumbag Scammer

Not for nothin, but doesn't it strike you odd that someone would offer far more than the selling price, even if they were desperate? I wish you luck with craigslist, but as my dad says, some things are just too good to be true.
  12. DeputyChiefJR

H.O.T. Canister Filter

For aesthetics, I would recommend a nice piece of fabric and velcro dots.
  13. DeputyChiefJR

H.O.T. Canister Filter

Only downside is if you use CO2 for your plants, it will gas off due to surface activity. Also, I use a cast iron stand with canisters and it works fine, why would you be concerned?
  14. DeputyChiefJR

Bottom cleaning in a Cichlid tank

By the way, be really careful putting African Cichlids in a small tank unless you plan on expanding. It is common to lose some in a 55 gallon or larger tank due to territorial violence. As they grow, I'd consider upgrading to protect your investments.
  15. DeputyChiefJR

unexpected death

I might also blame the other gourami. They can be suddenly violent and territorial.
  16. DeputyChiefJR

What's in your canister??

Magnum 360 Water Mulm Filter Sleeve Carbon Basket Carbon Impeller Foam Rings C-360 Baskets Ceramic Rings Bio-Balls Carbon Baggies Foam Water Impeller Your mom
  17. DeputyChiefJR

plants that won't be consumed by mbuna???

I have floating watersprite
  18. DeputyChiefJR

Water Changes and Growth

How do you avoid the bloat that kills them?
  19. DeputyChiefJR

Mystic aquarium shots

Sploke, I still have some straight-pin actinics I've never used and want to give you.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store