Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Miss my puffer

lighting for a 120gal hard coral tank

guess I should have added that it is a 48inx24inx24in tank. I was also thinking about getting a clam later.
  2. Miss my puffer

lighting for a 120gal hard coral tank

I am thinking about setting up a 120 gal tank with some hard corals (sps and lps) and am trying to figure out a good lighting system. I have been debating several different lights...
  3. Miss my puffer

Aquatraders?

One of the ballasts died in my t-5 unit and I e-mailed them to see how much a replacement would be and they couldn't tell me if they had a replacement ballast. I was kinda mad that they sell t-5 ballasts, but can't tell me if it is a plug in and go replacement for the lights they sell or what. I...
  4. Miss my puffer

TEK LIGHT T-5, 48" Light Fixture 4 x 54W

I would spend $200 on a used tek before I would buy an odyssea t-5. I bought an odysea t-5 profesional (the $116 one) for my 90 gal fish only and one of the ballast was dead within 3 months. I called them to see how much a replacement one would be and they could not even tell me which ballast I...
  5. Miss my puffer

Shrimp Preference

I like coral banded shrimp, but they can be mean. I wanted to get a cleaner shrimp, but my Marine betta would be after him so that is why I got a coral banded, he takes the Betta on. I even had one with a figure eight puffer that had been converted to saltwater and the first time the puffer came...
  6. Miss my puffer

Rena Smartheater

I think I posted the question 2 yrs ago. I bought a 250watt for my 50 gal and hooked it up to my canister. That one was retired this last winter because it just could not keep up. The room does get cold, but last year it did fine and it was alot colder the year before (room does not get good...
  7. Miss my puffer

Who has the cheapest salt?

I have been buying from petsolutions because they were shipping flat fee where most others charge a heavy freight charge. I don't know if they are still running that special or not.
  8. Miss my puffer

Fav. salt mix?

I usually use Dr Fosters or Petsolutions http://www.petsolutions.com/Salt-Mixes+C1034.aspx . I have been buying from whereever is cheaper (petsolutions ships at alot lower prices and because of where they are I usually have it in 2 days, although Dr fosters has been running lower shipping rates...
  9. Miss my puffer

Fav. salt mix?

I agree with Amph, whatever is on sale. Normally Red Sea Pro, Oceanic, or Seachem Reef Salt. I usually order online since the local stores make it cheaper to buy a bucket of gold (normally $20 more to buy locally even after shipping).
  10. Miss my puffer

Aquatraders?

I bought the 48 inch professional t-5 and I would not recomend for a coral tank. I bought mine for a fish only. The bulbs do not have individual reflectors. The Catalina t-5s are much better. I bought a 6-bulb for my 150 gal. (actually bought it off of ebay and saved over a hundred dollars over...
  11. Miss my puffer

rose tip bubble

Thanks for the info Almondsaz, one more question for now if you don't mind. What powerheads would you suggest? Since it is such a small tank I was leaning for a Korilla 2. Ideally with it being a hex, a vortech would be best, but I don't think she is going to drop that kind of money.
  12. Miss my puffer

rose tip bubble

She is going to wait awhile before getting it. She is going to get the tank up and running in stages (get the liverock, get it running, then get the light, and later get the anemone). I don't think it is anything that is going to happen in the next 6 months (I'll push for a year, especially if...
  13. Miss my puffer

rose tip bubble

My friend is getting a 30 gal hex tank and is dead set on getting a rose tip bubble anemone. The light she is looking at is either a 150w de mh or a 250w de mh. Which one would be best. I was pushing for the 250 watt, but thought it might be overkill. Any suggestions on which would be better?
  14. Miss my puffer

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, part 1-4

Should I have the screens doubled up (have them laying on top of each other)? I am going to rearrange all the pipes and try some different things because I slowed how quickly I can drain the tray and had to cut back the water going to the tray (I'm probably going to be working on the plumbing...
  15. Miss my puffer

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover Replaces Skimmer, Refugium, part 1-4

Here are a couple of pics of my scrubber after one week up and running. I replaced my 90 gal with a 120 last week, the tank has a 55 gal sump. I roughed up the screens, but have only been running one spot light while I tested ran the system (am going to buy another light sometime this week). I...
  16. Miss my puffer

help me pick out a uv filter for my fluval fx5

I had a gamma ultra-violet and it was ok, but I had problems with the bulb housing flooding and gave up on it.
  17. Miss my puffer

I viewed your article, I could use your assistance on my lighting problem

Buddy, I am not an expert in lighting, but I can at least share where I look at when I am looking for lighting products (you probably already know many of them, but I will post them anyways). http://www.marinedepot.com/lighting__index-ap.html They have lots of different lighting items and some...
  18. Miss my puffer

Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of lots of 1/2in holes over the cutting the side out of the pipe. Would the 130w of pc be alot better than adding 2 spotlights? I would perfer to go with the spotlights, but if the pcs give me a better chance of succeeding and being happy with it then that...
  19. Miss my puffer

SantaMonica, I have been reading up on turf scrubbers and have decided to try and make one. I got a tray that is 12in wide x 24in long x 2in. high. The main tank is a 120 gal and the sump is a 55 gal. I was planning on having my overflow come down onto the scrubber. My question is what would be...
  20. Miss my puffer

Skimmer to suit my needs?

Sorry to hijack, but Amphiprion are you planning on posting your turf scrubber build or putting it on the turf scrubber build thread? I am getting ready to build a turf scrubber as well and am hopefully going to have some pics to upload if I ever get a chance to work on it (I think I have the...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store