Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. monkey_toes

Check out this giant pleco

I've seen them in the Peace River and some of the local canals, but nothing as big as that monster.
  2. monkey_toes

Check out this giant pleco

This whopper pleco was caught in an Orlando pond by a kid trying to catch a bowfin. Kid says it weighed four pounds. Wow.
  3. monkey_toes

AREN'T ASIAN AROWANAS ILLEGAL?!?

I was under the impression that U.S. law prohibits importatio0n, which is why you don't see them EVER. But here's a pair on eBay, already up over $300 from a seller with no feedback...
  4. monkey_toes

pinky mice??

I would advise against feeding pinks on a regular basis — too much fat. Also, some individual cichlids seem rather put off by them. I don't know if it's the warmth or the wiggling. Frozen/thawed may work better, unless you're doing it to get off on the sheer savagery.
  5. monkey_toes

keyhole cichlid compat. w/apistogramma

IME, keyholes don't bother anybody, even livebearer fry.
  6. monkey_toes

Khulis: Black ones live, banded ones die, Why?

I have no solution, but I'll commiserate. That's been my experience exactly. Tried three times with banded kuhlis — results were 18 dead kuhlis. For round four, I went with 6 black kuhlis — still have 6 over a year later. I can tell you that black kuhlis are not really kuhlis any more than a...
  7. monkey_toes

Shrimp

The great thing about selling cherry shrimp is you get so many of the same customers twice, after they feed the first batch to the (insert fish name here) that they thought only ate flakes. :thud:
  8. monkey_toes

Pictus and Cherry Reds

And they can probably fit cherry shrimp two at a time.
  9. monkey_toes

16 Cherry Shrimp eaten in 2 days

Exactly what should have been expected. A little pricey for feeders, eh?
  10. monkey_toes

stocking - ghost shrimp question

Unless the danios are giant danios, you'll be fine.
  11. monkey_toes

Goldfish and pleco problems

You need a bigger tank, pronto. A 55g is probably the minimum to hold both of those fish as adults. And when you say "cleaned the tank," what does that procedure entail?
  12. monkey_toes

Tetras and pH

They can acclimate, but they will likely have dramatically shortened life spans. It's not so much the pH, but the hardness. Tetras from blackwater rivers tend to build up calcium salts in their kidneys and experience renal failure at an early age when constantly exposed to hard water. I suggest...
  13. monkey_toes

Fish with goldfish?

You are aware that goldfish get pretty big, right?
  14. monkey_toes

Stocking 10gal and keeping a QT tank cycled..

It's all about how much you feed them. BTW, I raised two angels together from quarter size to adulthood. They snipe at each other occasionally, but most of the time they're side by side. I think they're both males. Maybe neither felt particularly dominant? IDK — it's funny how fish are so...
  15. monkey_toes

hello!!?!?!

Not whiskers. Antennae. Spaz.
  16. monkey_toes

Stocking 10gal and keeping a QT tank cycled..

4 different answers... 1 - A betta will probably kill shrimp, but snails would be OK. What about three female bettas instead of one male? 2 - Yes, that would keep it cycled, but don't worry about that. See below. 3 - You have one male with 4 females he can definitely breed with (swords...
  17. monkey_toes

50 gallon stocking

4 otos - Wait a while on these. Until you have algae actively growing, they are likely to starve. 5 cory catfish - Good plan. 3 swordtails - Meh. I would skip them. They tend to be "pushy" with smaller fish. 4 hatchets - Good plan. I would get more, though. Maybe 6. 1 or 2 schools of 6 of a...
  18. monkey_toes

Stocking my new 55g!

Sorry about that — didn't intend to suggest adding everything at once. I would add the angels last, though. They seem to do better in a well-matured tank.
  19. monkey_toes

greshakei digging holes.... worried about cave in

:thm: :thm: :thm: :thm: :thm:
  20. monkey_toes

help sick JD?

Well, I don't see anything that jumps out at me. You are keeping her maybe a bit on the warm side (I would go for 76°F). Is there a chance someone used your water bucket for mopping or something?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store