Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. I

2.5 gal Shrimparium

nice tank! just wished the pictures weren't so blurry!
  2. I

I AM SO EXCITED

beautiful tank and mudskippers!
  3. I

Old bulb went out, what kind of new bulb should I get?

thanks for the input. 0.75 watts per gallon isn't very much at all in a planted tank but i wanted to try it out. they aren't as green or lush as i know it can be (especially when algae covers the leaves) but i'm glad they are still alive after all this time. I dose with Seachem Flourish every...
  4. I

thanks for the links, i'll be sure to check them out. aquarium lighting does seem overly expensive, i suppose Home Depot has the same type of lighting, i just have to know what to look for, thanks for that suggestion. my strip light hood is 24 inches long and says 120 volts, 19 watts, 60hz. The...
  5. I

thanks guys, that's exactly what i needed to hear. which of these Coralife bulbs would put out a more yellowish color? i'm not sure if that's what "sunlight" looks like. It might not be the 50/50 since that has an actinic blue, am I right...
  6. I

Hey guys, I have a 20 gallon tall that's lightly planted and also a piece of driftwood. I would tell you the species of plant I have but I forgot it long ago! might be amazon swords. also a few mixed species of tetras. I pretty much used the 15 watt 18" fluorescent bulb that came stock with my...
  7. I

10 Gallon Stocking Advice

my college has the same policy, but believe me, if your going to be moving it back and forth during the breaks, you won't want it to be too big! my amano shrimps were pretty lively and would hop from plant to plant. they swam up to the surface during feeding and would actually compete with the...
  8. I

10 Gallon Stocking Advice

Kuhli's might be a little packed in a 10 gallon, especially if you get a small group of them. i'm not 100% sure because i've never actually owned them. guppies might breed a little bit, but i know people who keep them in 10 gallons without too much of a problem. maybe a group of 4 or 5...
  9. I

why are they all dieing?!

try swishing the filter pads in a clean bucket of the aquarium water. just siphon enough out and swish away. perhaps you came into contact with soap or some cleaning agent while doing the water change? or maybe 50% was a bit too much water, try 30% next time? i hope it works out for you
  10. I

Question about taking pics of your fish

I have a Canon SD750, it does not have image stabilizer so it's pretty tough to take large and clear pictures of my fish. they are small and quick, so i literally take about 50 pictures, and find 10 of them to my liking. It helps to take them during the day with natural sunlight and no flash on...
  11. I

Be careful what you ask for

lol about the soup start breeding them and then sell them! never heard of Moscow guppies, are they pricey and hard to find? if so, start building up your stock
  12. I

2+ Foot Aro in a 55...

man, that's one huge arowana! to their credit, at least they are trying to sell it and give it a bigger home. i just hope they don't sell it to someone with a similar sized tank.
  13. I

Fry Release and Stream Sampling Photo Shoot (Warning: Photo Heavy)

wow, great pictures! i guess being a biology student is a clue to why you know so many species!
  14. I

Are all good bacteria the same?

I think the bacteria in a cold water and tropical tank function the same way. as long as your tropical is disease and problem free, go for it.
  15. I

Neon in with my cardinals?

i think he'll be happier in your tank rather than the fish stores :) next time you decide to buy fish there, just let them know what happened to you
  16. I

Just learned an awful lesson

sorry for your loss! i had six amano shrimps that died a few months ago after having them for almost two years. I'm thinking about either getting more amanos or some cherry shrimp
  17. I

Free tank - Great deal, but a LOT of work

great job with the tank, almost missed those pictures!
  18. I

My puffer died.

sorry for your loss! i myself love dwarf puffers and would like to keep them one day
  19. I

Getting a new 110 gal

I second the gold fish and dojo loache combo. I used to have red and white comets with dojo loaches, they make a great combo. unfortunately, they were in a small 20 gallon tank, back when I was a bit uneducated about fish keeping. they all died about six months later to disease. In the future...
  20. I

Need help identifying new fish!

I usually get six of them if they are the schooling type I think i'm gonna add three more to the white cloud minnows since I already have three of them. i'll leave the rest alone, unless I can add a few more Black Skirts or Black Phantoms. would that be took overstocked? It's a 20 gallon, if...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store