Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

Please critique my scape with brutal honesty

Not sure where you are going with this. Any particular kind of look you going for? What fish are going in it might help. I would probably plop in something that would add a bit of height.
  2. S

My unique driftwood

I think one fish tank attracts other fish tanks. When you see a lonely 30gal with filter, heater, decor, lights, nets, food, etc. being put on the curb for nothing what can a fish person do but adopt it? :grinyes:
  3. S

29g Planted

I always have better luck with water sprite as a floating plant, Maybe it needs more co2?
  4. S

29g Planted

Looking real good! I think the small plants in front of the driftwood help to visually push it back & down which is good as it adds depth (front to back). When placing rocks, I have found it's good to tuck their feet into the substrate a bit so they look like they have been there all along...
  5. S

My low tech 12 liter tank

Very nice! I like a wild planted tank also. Have you any fish in there?
  6. S

Colorful Harmony - August update

Nice variety of fish! I really like the Pearsi.
  7. S

Aren't rams benthic?

My Bolivians tend to stay towards the bottom 2/3 of the tank unless they have some reason to come to the top(chasing or feeding). They are definitely NOT shy eaters, but I don't have them in with anything bigger than them. They come to the top for food, over which they frequently squabble -...
  8. S

3D printing your aquarium parts

How cool is that! I think the possibilities in this are fascinating.
  9. S

Bolivian ram eggs

Congratulations!
  10. S

Ram ID Help

I have some at about 75*. I'm sure their surroundings influence their colors. On black sand, with no direct overhead lighting they appear colorful but much darker. It seems to depend on mood too.
  11. S

moderately planted?

I see quite a bit of bare substrate that could still be planted, so I would call that "moderately planted".
  12. S

Why aquarium dabblers suck

Like any new endeavor, most people starting out in fishkeeping don't know what is involved. I would love to see classes in "Basic fishkeeping for beginners" or some such like petco/smart offer dog training classes. Then the ones who get hooked can come here.
  13. S

70gal Paludarium/Vivarium Build

I will be interested to see what you come up with. I'm considering doing a river/bank set-up in a 40 long tank. So many choices it's sometimes hard to narrow it down. Next you know you suddenly have a fishroom full of tanks. :)
  14. S

Hello,I am a new Bee.

Welcome!
  15. S

Una questione abouti planti

You could try putting some kind of barriers in the substrate between them.
  16. S

My first plants!

Congratulations! Star grass probably is not the easiest plant to start with but good luck! What kind of light do you have on the tank? You might want to consider some of the easier plants, generally considered "low-light" like java ferns, anubias, or mosses, until you begin to get the feel of...
  17. S

Christmas is coming

Merry Fish-Mass to you!:D
  18. S

My Fluval Edge Blue Cray Tank

Cool tank. 6gal seems a little small though. You may think "They are live plants." - she may think "Wow,salad!" Crayfish are really interesting, I would totally be distracted from my work.
  19. S

Juvie BN plecos

Very nice! I see it's zucchini season by you too. Do you blanch it or just put it in there?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store