Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. cheizy

DO KOI LAY EGGS!?!?****

ill let them eat the eggs for the night..and w/c tmro =]
  2. cheizy

DO KOI LAY EGGS!?!?****

DO KOI LAY EGGS!?!?****PICTURE INCLUDED! I have a question for you guys, do koi lay eggs? I have a koi 4 years old, about 13-14 inches long, and one other is 1 year old, not mature yet im sure. But this morning i checked, and the area if filled with EGGS! is this what they call spawn? I know...
  3. cheizy

Rate the avatar above you

4. cheizy

Am I really filtering anything?...

If you want super polished water, get a product called purigen from seachem. Do a search on the forum, you won't be disapointed.
  5. cheizy

150G water change

1) Take out water. 2) Add measured amounts of declorinator (use prime :D) into the tank beforehand. 3) Refill tank That's all buddy!
  6. cheizy

xP3 Being Really Noisy! anyway to quiet it down?

First of all, does anything seem normal to your senses? weird sounds from propeller etc? Or is it just a hum, as in refrigerator hum?
  7. cheizy

75 gal Setup Progession

If you do a fishy cycle, make sure you keep up on your water params! you will see a lot of water changing my man..looks good though!
  8. cheizy

Should I buy this filter - please advice friends

If you got the $$ go for it, the ehiem is like the lambo of the filter world.
  9. cheizy

Red Sea Nano and/or Azoo Palm Filter

For my 2.5gal, I just have filterfloss and ceramic rings in there. I just drop the rings down into the deeper part of the filter, and it seems to be working..
  10. cheizy

Septicemia...which to treat with???

Septicemia is an internal bacterial infection, targeting the kidneys and heart really. I agree w/ flaringshutter, feed your fish some jungle anti-bacterial medicated food, found here, they have large pellets and small pellets. Clean water will help tremendously also. Good luck!
  11. cheizy

Stunning Betta

He is going to change a bit in color if he is young. It is hard to breed a yellow strain because that color usually disperses once they get older, not to pop your bubble though, awsome as$ betta you have! Oh yeah, hows ordering from aquabid? have you ordered from them before?
  12. cheizy

Algae Growth Blocking HOB Output

HOLY !@#$ never seen anything like that before. My only advice and practical advice is clean often, very often so no build up. Hows your water params? stock? etc.
  13. cheizy

Questions on using established filter media

If you remove the media from your gold fish tank, then you would probably go through a mini-cycle. I would do as star rider said, sqeeze and rinse out the sponges/media etc. into the new filter, that should suffice for now. Make sure you don't add too many fish at a time though, the newly seeded...
  14. cheizy

Fish are hiding when new light is on

I use to have this problem as well. I solved it first turning on my room lights or opening up the window blinds whenever and letting them adjust to new light entering the room, then later I proceed to turn on the tanks lights. Try this, it worked for me!
  15. cheizy

75 gal Setup Progession

The hood as in the clear hood on the top of the tank? If so, you could just make it yourself easily. Go to Homedepot or w/e big chain store related and go to one of the workers there and tell them you want to get cut pieces of acrylic. Measure your tank and specifications and tell the worker...
  16. cheizy

Slight imperfection in new pine cabinet

The dent in the wood is fine, wouldn't even make a difference. I personally am against keeping tanks upstairs because what if there is a leak when your not home, or a filter failure causing water to be everywhere, leaking through the wood and carpet causing mold and wood rot.
  17. cheizy

Aquascaping My 5.5 Gallon Tank

The tank looks great as is. Keep the bettaaaaa in there lol
  18. cheizy

rena xp3 vs. ehiem

Yep pretty much.. LOL if anything just ask on the board for help+
  19. cheizy

Airstones!

Yes, but you don't HAVE to use an airstone, there are other ways of getting oxygen to the fish like the surface agitation from a HOB filter or a spraybar etc. Airstones work the same, the bubbles going up to the surface creates surface agitation.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store