Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Alestro Bakai

Video of Japanese Trained Gold Fish!! **YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS**

I highly doubt there are magnets involved. Everytime I see this vid, people are saying magnets are involved, but no one has a shred of evidence, other than "hey, it's impossible to train'em that well!" ... "after all, they only have a 1, 3 or 5 (take your pick) second memory!". Firstly...
  2. Alestro Bakai

I did it! I got my dwarf puffers!

Totally, I want to see pics too. Sounds like a great setup!
  3. Alestro Bakai

Is this happening or am I imagining it?

Wow. You made a funny. Now let's work on making a funny without making someone else feel like crap.
  4. Alestro Bakai

New Dwarf Puffer, possible LOS problem. (Lack of Snails)

DPs are difficult to feed... especially in a community tank. Try bloodworms and small ghost shrimp. That'll work. But it's a hassle to always have live food on hand.
  5. Alestro Bakai

Quick question

No real need. Squirrels have little diving suits (Sandy Cheeks, Spongebob anyone?) ... So I figure that Hamsters have comparable technology at their disposal. :dive2:
  6. Alestro Bakai

full grown DP with danios?

Dwarf Puffer
  7. Alestro Bakai

Substrate... substrate... substrate....

I couldn't agree more, on all points. Top Fin = Fades, looks terrible after a while, looks good though if you mix it 4 parts black, 1 part maroon... but it does fade. As far as black sand is concerned, Tahitian Moon Sand is the best. Comparing gravel to the Tahitian Moon Sand, I'd say the...
  8. Alestro Bakai

Hikari Micro Wafers

I love all Hikari food products. Very high quality and very good price.
  9. Alestro Bakai

Would this 10 gal be overstocked?

Betta + Small Shrimp = Bigger Betta The Betta's will eat your shrimp. Also in regards to your Betta housing... it really depends on their personality and the tank setup. I have 2 females and 1 male living peacefully in a tank with lots of hiding places. They get along just fine. I've never...
  10. Alestro Bakai

Feeding Cones.

I use them too. Blackworm will wiggle nice and slowly out of them... just fast enough for the fish to keep up with supply :)
  11. Alestro Bakai

Anyone purchased from drsfostersmith LiveAquaria?

I ordered from Liveaquaria before and I doubt I'll do it again. I ordered several fish and clams 1 1/2 years ago. Here's my experience: Some of the fish that made it alright didn't look much like their pics on the website. Some of the Fancy guppies came with shredded fins (could have been...
  12. Alestro Bakai

Dwarf Puffer

Here's my 2 cents... My personal experience with DPs is that they will not get along with other fish very well (or perhaps, I didn't find the species they do get along with). They'll nip like crazy. I tried the community tank idea and... that's the reason why I now own a DP species tank. :)...
  13. Alestro Bakai

duh

You can tell when they're full, because they'll slow down and won't be in such a frenzy to get to the food.
  14. Alestro Bakai

Culling - opinion on best methods?

eBay... search for clove oil. Very cheap source.
  15. Alestro Bakai

What the heck is this thing?

Ghostly apparition and the proof of life after death in your aquarium?
  16. Alestro Bakai

No power... no oxygen?

Two options, either don't worry, because the fish will be fine for 24 hours. How else do you think mail-order fish survive? From personal experience, I can tell you that I moved several aquaria from one side of the state to another, and I didn't lose any fish (no power for about 24 hours)...
  17. Alestro Bakai

question about betta's

24G tank, planted, some hiding places (broken vases, I went for a "greek" look). 1 male betta and 2 female bettas. Been in there for about 6 months, no incident, no problems. They see each other, they ignore each other. They even feed together during feeding time. But then again, I might just...
  18. Alestro Bakai

Please help ID this fish!

If you seriously want to perform surgery (or well, in this case tweezery) on a fish, I suggest using clove oil. How to sedate fish using clove oil
  19. Alestro Bakai

Best foods for small fish like guppies and platies?

I use Fancy Guppy and Micro Pellets. Both are made by Hikari and I love the results.
  20. Alestro Bakai

Ethical problem

Here's an ethical dilemma for you. A couple of days ago I stumbled upon a fish store I had never seen before. I went inside, took a look at the fish and it was appalling: several tanks with Ich, floaters in almost every tank... :irked: What's the problem you ask? Well, before I could storm...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store