Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. sapgranth25

Majano Anemones

well i re-ordered some joe`s juice & each day i treat a fair few majanos & so far there not returning & the treatment is a very easy process i fell that this is the best way to rid the tank of theses pest or to use kalk paste......
  2. sapgranth25

massive bubble algae infestation argh, and advice?

Bubble algae is a nightmare it spreads like wild fire even more is you pop any & the spores escape into the water stream....... yeah emerald crabs will eat them but there are a lot of tiny emerald crabs around that don`t do a lot towards them so you would need several & there becoming a...
  3. sapgranth25

Everyone post Pics of your Tank Here

WOOD RIGHT get the unit right first don`t risk anything once thats sorted then worry about other things like sumps etc thats the base of your success if that go`s its all gone & more as you room will be flooded........ but it all looks great it will be an amazine system dont risk a thing
  4. sapgranth25

Majano Anemones

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Joes-Joes-Juice-Aptasia-Majano-Reef-JoesJuice-Aiptasia_W0QQitemZ320211889668QQihZ011QQcategoryZ20756QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m122 just a link of ebay ( us ) of joe`s juice
  5. sapgranth25

Majano Anemones

Snap i`ve also got a Majano Anemone problem i used to think they was great as there kinda rare but once they start spreading they don`t stop & over take most corals in there path........ i`ve had success with a product called JOE`S JUICE which is like a white liquid they eat & then die & the...
  6. sapgranth25

Everyone post Pics of your Tank Here

BUMP come on people show us your hobby i want some new ideas lol
  7. sapgranth25

will past copper treatments hurt - used tank...

most if not all silicone brands only Guarantee for 5-10years on there product so without doubt a re-seal is a must other wise your asking for a tank blow out & an expensive mistake considering silicone is so cheap to buy yes stripping old silicone & re-sealing a tank is NOT an easy job to do...
  8. sapgranth25

Sick Xenia ?

I`d guess at something walking over them i.e hermit, shrimp, hitchhiker crab etc i`ve had hermits walk on mine & they took a week to kick back to normal & they looked like yours now.... i`ve also PH crashed my tank messing with my sand a bit back & god you don`t wanna do that as they go a...
  9. sapgranth25

will past copper treatments hurt - used tank...

there's a product you can buy by seachem called CupriSorb http://www.seachem.com/products/product_pages/CupriSorb.html that absorbs all copper within a tank from sand, rock, glass, silicone in a few days of use its a bag of media you put in a filter let it run & then all copper is absorbed in...
  10. sapgranth25

How many hermits is to many??

As a thumb rule i go with is how many gallons my tank is 55 gallon then i half that number 27 & that's how many hermits i have 27 yeah you loose some due to fights but i`l never go below 20 hermits in my tank try avoid the XL HERMITS just stick with scarlets & reg sized one`s & its a good idea...
  11. sapgranth25

Red Slime Algae

I`m not including my skimmer pump when i say my tank turns over 13 times an hour With the skimmer my tank is turning 21x per an hour & from what i`ve researched over 2 years in a fish only system the tank should turn over 10x per hour & for a soft coral system 12x plus an hour & hard corals...
  12. sapgranth25

Red Slime Algae

sorry i for got to say that i`ve always used RO water & the FILTER PODS always get changed every 6 months & my TDS unit has never raisin from 0. my current params are all perfect strangely enough. my tubes tut thats a shame i`d have hoped it was just dead spots within the tank as i`ve paid...
  13. sapgranth25

Red Slime Algae

I`ve started to get a few patches of RED SLIME ALGAE now i`m stuck Am i missing something red slime algae is caused by :- Over Feeding my feeding habits have not changed Not Enough Water movement my tank volume turns 13times per hour not including my skimmer pump In Correct...
  14. sapgranth25

Saltwater Guppy

they live a normal life-span in salt water same with black mollys some people use theses cheap tropical fish to cycle there tank so i`m gussing thats what the guppy was doing at the store a fish to keep the cycle going when stock is low......
  15. sapgranth25

When To Change T5 Tubes

I`ve heard people change them every 6-9-12-18 months just wondering what the service life is on T5 tubes what carry a good brand name ( DELTEC / ARCADIA / AQUA MEDIC ) when do you change your tubes on your marine/reef soft corals aquarium...
  16. sapgranth25

Xenia mistake problem advice wanted

thanks for your replys i guess its just on the sulk then with the sudden change in water Q but it is gettin better each day so far
  17. sapgranth25

Xenia mistake problem advice wanted

i`ve had some xenia in my tank for 3 months now its doubled in size & growing like mad by the day covered a big area in the time of 3months which was good. Until i did something very stupid on the 31st 2days ago i was moving live rock to make more room for some new corals in the future anyway...
  18. sapgranth25

Toad Stool Leather Water Flow

Thanks for your reply i`ll have a look around my tank today to see if i can put it higher & within more flow.... Have you got your toad stool`s stalk up straight are has your toad stool had to bend its stalk so the cap is facing towards the light?? At the moment my toad stools stalk is...
  19. sapgranth25

Toad Stool Leather Water Flow

I`ve had a leather toad stool coral for 6 plus months its about 4 inch tall & the disc is around 4inch in diameter. During this time i`ve noticed the leather is not 100% happy all the time as some days the polyps are out & extended fully & some days it comes out for a while then for no...
  20. sapgranth25

black legged hermie??

yeah there zebra hermits & theres no differant to the other coloured legged hermits just cheaper to buy normally i have many of them without any problems as do i also have red & blue legs
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store