Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. D

Need help on fish suggestion.

we are both college kids and this aquarium is going to be a center piece our our living room.... and we want an aggressive fish for the tank.... and yes i could also feed it fry and such because i have aten gallon aquarium with tons of fry in it.... . We are just looking for the perfect...
  2. D

Need help on fish suggestion.

Hello, I might get some gripe for this, but oh well... I have a 20 gallon tank and my roommate and I want to put one fish in there. We want the fish to be an aggressive species that needs to be fed feeder guppies or similar fish. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you
  3. D

problem with betta

no... the air bubble analogy just was to explain how he pops back up to the top like a bobber..... he just stops swimming once he hits the bottom and just floats (rather quickly) back up to the top of the tank and hangs out there for an hour or so....
  4. D

problem with betta

i have tried every type of food i have... including the pellets the store was feeding it.... At this moment there is a pellet and a bloodwork hovering about 1 millimeter from his mouth and he hasnt touched them for 5 minutes.....
  5. D

problem with betta

Hey guys... I bought a crowntail betta on sunday, and put in an established 20 gallon tank with several other fish in it already. Since then, the fish has does absolutely nothing accept hang out at the very top of the tank. He will occasionally swim down to the bottom (with quite a lot of...
  6. D

Algae Wafers for a kissing Gourami?

I have noticed that my kissing gourami is not eating a whole lot of anything accept the little bits of algae in my tank..... Would it be a good idea to get a few algae wafers for this little guy? I read on a few different sites that they are in fact mostly vegetarian in their diets...
  7. D

PH waaaaaay too LOW!!!!!

how about one o fthose tablets that you put in your tank and slowly dissolves until your ph is at 7???? is that a good thing to use in a senario like this?
  8. D

PH waaaaaay too LOW!!!!!

The tank is only about 2 months old..... My reutine is 25% water change every week...... The only thing that i have added to the tank since the last water change is one male betta, and recently, ten teaspoons of salt (it is a 10 gallon tank) to help cure a slight fungal infection another...
  9. D

PH waaaaaay too LOW!!!!!

Hey guys.... I just tested my Ph in both of my tanks... and one of them is at 7.0.... so no worries there... the other is at the highest 6.0 however!!!!!!! I am using the AP test kit... and i did it twice just to make sure i didnt mess anything up..... How do i get this back up to...
  10. D

white stuff on a swordtail.... help

Hello.... I have a male swordtail with a white substance growing on him on various parts of his body. At the bases of his pectoral fins and along the side of his body are the primary places..... It is not Ich.... Any ideas on what this is? it looks kindof like cotton... Will...
  11. D

Help with a 10g stocking list...

also.... livebearers are usually kept in the ratio of one male to 2 or 3 females..... it keeps everybody a lot happier
  12. D

20 G Stocking plan.

my 20 gallon has 2 powder blue gouramis, 3 platy's, 8 neon tetras, and 3 albino cory's.... no problems with aggression, water quality, or anything else..... it looks great too... lots of color and movement....
  13. D

Power Filter positioning

i place mine to the intake is in the middle of the tank unless i have a fish that doesnt like high current.... If that is the case.... I try to place the water splashing end as far to one side as possible.... this makes it so only one half of the tank has a high current... and the other is...
  14. D

Platy conception?

i would say that at least 75 percent of the time if you buy a female livebearer at a pet store they are already pregnant.... If by chance yours was not pregnant, it is very possible that your male got to her in those few days... they dont really worry about getting to first or second...
  15. D

20 gallon long stocking suggestions

in my 20 high i have 2 powder blue gouramis, 3 platy's(1 male 2 females), 3 albino cory's and 10 neon tetras.... it is a very colorful tank, and all of the fish get along very well.... it is also very easy to keep the water quality top shelf....
  16. D

Dwarf Gouramis

the going price at my lfs for all dwarf guoramis is 458 a piece or 8 bucks a pair....
  17. D

Emperor BioWheel.. are they noisy? vs Aquaclear 70

i' ve go the 280, and i dont think that it is noisy at all.... You cant even hear it over the water noises created by it in the tank.....
  18. D

So my Guppy JUST had babies! Now What?

my personal opinion is that if you dont move them out of the tank very soon, they are going to die pretty quick..... whether they are eaten, or fall to the bad water quality, they will most likely not make it that long... Those little guys are VERY picky when it comes to water quality, and...
  19. D

how about a Boesemani rainbow??

I am currenty fishless cycling a 20 gallon tank and I am looking for suggestions on what to put in it... I know i want a betta and a school of neon tetras.... My original idea was to just make it a huge school of neons and have one betta in there with them, but i am feeling like i may want...
  20. D

Friend made a mistake... how long for it to correct itself?

I got my buddy into the hobby, and explained him how to get his tank set up..... The problem is that he totally forgot to rinse off his substrate (Black and white gravel) before he put it in his tank..... His water is now pretty cloudy.... and we are wondering how long it is going to take...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store