Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. dalto

A new fish forum

Starting a new forum takes commitment from a dedicated group of people to promote it and quickly to respond to posts in the early days of it's existence. I think, with the decline in forum popularity this might be difficult to achieve but the investment to give it a shot is mostly time and...
  2. dalto

Two Word Challenge

blue eyed
  3. dalto

Angel Fish Swimming at bottom?

How big are they? I this behavior a lot with larger cichlids that are re-homed. Sometimes it is stress and sometimes they just seem to be pouting. :) It should stop within 24 hours or so. Try leaving the lights off if you haven't already.
  4. dalto

How to get rid of brown algae once and for all?

Is it actual brown algae or diatoms?
  5. dalto

Two Word Challenge

head honcho
  6. dalto

Two Word Challenge

cowboy hat
  7. dalto

Two Word Challenge

walk about
  8. dalto

Two Word Challenge

emotional wreck
  9. dalto

Two Word Challenge

Acid rain
  10. dalto

qt tank emptying?

This thread is baffling.
  11. dalto

qt tank emptying?

Feel free to quote me if I am one of the people.
  12. dalto

Nitrite False Reading?

I cannot say if your test is accurate or not but those paper strips are not usually very accurate. Do you have a real fish store in your area who could do a test for you?
  13. dalto

Two Word Challenge

elephant gun
  14. dalto

qt tank emptying?

It depends what "a while" is. If a while is a few hours than no, if we are talking about a few weeks then yes.
  15. dalto

qt tank emptying?

I don't think transferring the water from the main tank is going to do much unless you are thinking it will make the transition into the tank smoother in the future? My bigger concern is that unless there have been fish or some other bioload in your tank than it will probably not be cycled anymore.
  16. dalto

Pair of GBR in a 30 gallon?

Sure, you could do a pair of gbr in a 30g tank. I am not familiar with the 30l is that a 3ft tank like the 30 breeder or a 4ft tank like the 33 long?
  17. dalto

New Apisto, can you guess it's sex?

For reference, here is one of mine that was collected in Peru. EDIT: There is a white strain of A. cacatuoides so your fish could be that.
  18. dalto

New Apisto, can you guess it's sex?

How big is that fish right now? I doesn't really look like a typical female Apistogramma from those shots, unless it is quite small still. That being said, some of the highly line bred species like cacatuoides can have different characteristics.
  19. dalto

Ideas on moving a 125gl Discus tank

You don't need stress coat but you should acclimate them. If nothing else the temperature will be different.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store