Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Pallen81

Apistogramma Cockatoos breeding tips

Yeah, the Male is very large I would say. He's the biggest dwarf cichlid I've ever seen. If I keep up with the water changes I think moving the fry to the 5 Gallon will be my best bet. It's gonna be a pain in the butt to catch those little things.
  2. Pallen81

i was considering moving the fry also... not quite sure. what would you feed the fry?
  3. Pallen81

New Jersey Fish Stores

I go to Allquatics in Hamilton NJ.
  4. Pallen81

Hello all, I currently have 1 male and 1 female Double Red Cockatoos in a heavily planted 10 gallon aquarium. This is the second time they have successfully breed in this tank. My fish had fry about 6 days ago. The fry have been eating from moss balls that I have in there (they seem to like...
  5. Pallen81

long spined urchin reefsafe?

I brought mine back to the store I work at. It was actually really cool though. He ate lots of algae and was neat to look at. Didn't touch my corals once. However, he grew ridiculously fast and was starting to get crammed when he moved around. If I had a larger tank I would have kept hum. Cool...
  6. Pallen81

oh man! i got a tiny baby urchin. maybe about 2-3 inches in total diameter. I'll keep my eye on him. If he starts to go wrong I will bring him back to the store. Thanks!
  7. Pallen81

Yeah, I work at a fish store also and I got nailed by a small one and it didn't hurt much. Guess I was lucky. The only reason I ask about them (I am supposed to know this stuff working in a store right? haha) is because I have seen them in our reef tanks before and never noticed them eating...
  8. Pallen81

Hey everyone. How Reef safe are Long Spined Urchins? I hear they mostly eat algae. Does this include coraline algae? i have plenty of green algae in my tank but I dont want him to eat my nice purple coraline algae. Any experience or advise is appreciated. Thanks
  9. Pallen81

Sand or no sand, nano....

6-10 gallon nano's can def have some small fish... not many... but small fish would be fine. The sand is really up to you. I've maintained Nanos with and without sand. its really up to you!
  10. Pallen81

my brand new 30 gallon tank

Thanks dude!
  11. Pallen81

my brand new 30 gallon tank

pictures from tonight so i finally got around to updating some pictures of my tank. it has really grown wonderfully since the last round of pictures i posted on here. I have over 17 different types of coral jammed into this little 30G. I didnt take any pictures of my Sun Coral because it was...
  12. Pallen81

My new pickups.. Dovii & Fire Eel

that fire eel is way bigger then expected. haha. its nice. Make sure to cover any open parts of your tank. THose suckers love to escape.
  13. Pallen81

Got a Sun Coral and need info

Hello. You've gotten some really great tips so far. I'll start off by letting you know it took me about 3-4 weeks to get my sun coral coming out on a regular basis. It takes time and effort, but its worth it. The sun coral will be more likely to open if its in a shady area. Now, I used to...
  14. Pallen81

Derasa Clam question

This clam is doing great so far. Really nice blue colors. Looks healthy. Thanks for the info.
  15. Pallen81

Derasa Clam question

hey guys. I have 6.5 watts per gallon on my 30 gallon reef tank. I have (2) 96 watt Actnics and (2) 96 watt 10k bulbs on my tank. My tank is only 12 inches in height and I'm thinking of getting a Derasa Clam. Everywhere I read they recommend I have metal halides? What do you think? Would the...
  16. Pallen81

new sw tank questions

hey there. glad to see you are asking about your mix before doing it. its always nice when people learn before buying. for starters, tomato clowns can get real nasty, not a good mix with sea horses and pipefish. i personally wouldnt even put percula clowns or anything like that with...
  17. Pallen81

Best place to buy live rock on-line?

i bought from dr fosters and smith once. it was actually very good rock. www.reefcomplete.com has good stuff too. i had the chance to meet the owner personally and he's full of information.
  18. Pallen81

red slime

Nitrites can affect your entire overall tank health. Whoever told you not to bother testing for that is wrong. nitrites at .30 are not good for any tank at any time. hehe. you should always be aware of all the elements and levels in your tank. Regardless, we agree the ammonia must be dealt...
  19. Pallen81

Sick Goby

that is not a good looking sore at all. however, I would probably not medicate the tank. I only medicate in absolute emergencies and its entirely possible he will recover. to answer your ammonia question. you have treated with ammo lock and until you do water changes it is going to be...
  20. Pallen81

clown fish not eatting help!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly, even though i work at a fish store, Im not the best at dealing with diseases (a shame i know). but we use alot of Selcon to help boost our fishes' immune systems. Basically, its liquid drops that you mix with frozen food (preferably) and let it soak for as long as possible.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store