Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. mkbuckham

lotsa breeding, no babies

That was kinda my fear. Would it make the most sense to just start over with another batch of juveniles or add a couple adults and see if they re pair.
  2. mkbuckham

lotsa breeding, no babies

I have two paired angels in a heavily planted 55gallon. The pair were formed from a group of six juveniles. The only tank mates are 4 SAE to control a breakout of hair algae {eradicated now}. The angels have bred a dozen times on slate, sword plant leaves, the filter you name it. The eggs...
  3. mkbuckham

angel breeder?

I have also heard great things about popPops fish
  4. mkbuckham

Stopped Breeding

I had a pair of angels spawn in a community tank, tank has lotsa wood and live plants. In an effort to raise some of the eggs I set up a 29g tank with just a heater, slate and sponge filter in it and moved the pair into it. It has been almost a month and nothing. The filter was "aged" and the...
  5. mkbuckham

29 angel breed

Thats kinda what I thought. Thanks for the tips. I will go bare bottom just for ease of cleaning. Have a peice of slate with java fern attached and will prob use that.
  6. mkbuckham

29 angel breed

What do you meen "box filter"? Canister?
  7. mkbuckham

29 angel breed

I am going to move a breeding pair of angels into a 29 bowfront and out of 55 community, the bowfront will be in my office so looks are not important and my concern is just functionality. What is a good setup that would give the fry the best chance. Currently it has 2 inches of gravel and lots...
  8. mkbuckham

angel eggs

They eggs have now turned all white and are covered by a small 'hair" like fungus. I am setting up a 29 gallon to move the pair into. Ideally whats the best build for a spawning pair of angels? I know the water requirments but Sponge Filter or UG? and theres a lot of bog wood in there now leave...
  9. mkbuckham

angel eggs

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members. is the best quote I have heard in a while. If I moved the eggs into 29 gallon with sponge filtration would I need to move the parents also? And how long untill these two try again? thx for answers
  10. mkbuckham

angel eggs

ok, thanks
  11. mkbuckham

angel eggs

Just got back from camping and found eggs in my 55 angel tank, half of the eggs are clear the other half milky white. The pair is defending and cleaning the site. Other tank mates are two more angels 5 cory's and lots a guppy's. Are the eggs supposed to turn white? what do I need to do
  12. mkbuckham

Angelfish Feeding.

I think I spoil mine, they get bloodworms for breakfast and flake small amounts twice a day and endless supply of guppy fry in tank
  13. mkbuckham

Wood Question

Its Scrub Pine. Its off Pikes Peak mountain in Co. Neighbor has had it in his yard for last 8-10 years as decoration.
  14. mkbuckham

Wood Question

I just got the perfect peice of wood for a 55 I will set up soon but it floats ( Who would of thought). Is there a way to make it sink faster? It is to large to boil or bake, 45"long 15" high. Thought about drilling small holes in the back and maybe a couple larger holes as caves. Will it become...
  15. mkbuckham

Jack Dempsey Club

Great lookin Jack phxl, deep colors
  16. mkbuckham

Fluorite Lifespan?

great that money is going to lighting then
  17. mkbuckham

Fluorite Lifespan?

I had a 55 up and running for about 16 months and then tore it down a few weeks ago. The substrate was fluorite and the tank was very lightly planted. I am going to set the tank up again in December and was wondering if I should replace the fluorite? I am going to have pygmy chain or the like...
  18. mkbuckham

New 90L Betta Barracks...

very well done. Cant wait to see finished product
  19. mkbuckham

A real live stocking problem...need advice

Tell him how impressed you are with his 10 and think he could do even more with a 55. The art of diplomacy is letting other people have your way, make him think its his idea to go bigger
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store