Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. C

a few new things and sale items!

Any Electric Blue Jack Dempseys?
  2. C

Flowerhorn breeding

I think the main reason people wont tell you is because flowerhorn is a hybrid and most cichlid lovers do not tolerate hybrids. just a thought..
  3. C

Jack Breeding Question

Please remember the EBJD frys are very hard to raise as they are supposed to have a bad immune system. So you would need to extra prepared. Next time take the fry in a week and then keep your water changes every day.... Its hard to raise EBJDs even when they are 2" long so I presume its harder...
  4. C

Help My Female Betta !!!

My female died today. I tried parasite medications and fungal as well.. but I am not sure what killed her.... Really sad to see her go as she was liveliest fish when she was healthy.....
  5. C

Help My Female Betta !!!

Thanks Julie. I have not been able to find the 1 gallon dosage yet. I did register at UB and have posted there as well.... BTW, yesterday my wife went to the petstore where she bought the betta and mentioned the symptoms... the guy gave her Kordon Ich Attack. it seems a herbal treatment. I...
  6. C

Help My Female Betta !!!

No there is no dropsy yet as scales are not standing.... and I did a complete water change recently so the readings should be minimum..... I will check again tonite.... It definitely feels like she is trying to get rid of something.... and i feel it is velvet.... sometimes I feel she has dust...
  7. C

Help My Female Betta !!!

anyone?
  8. C

Help My Female Betta !!!

My crown tail female betta has been behaving very weird. She is in a 1 Gallon Tank. I have had her for 2 months now. All this while she has been very active and playing and eats like crazy and regardless of how many pellets always ate them..... However for the past 1 week I am seeing a...
  9. C

my new convicts!

I am sure you meant that if it has orange its a female....
  10. C

Blue Dempsey question?

Here I go again on EBJDs. As Cylon mentioned.. Please read the thread on EBJDs http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78464 http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81361 and also the thread on another forum. Not sure if its against the TOS to link to another...
  11. C

Electric Blue Jack Dempsey's worthless?

Mine were in 40 gallon all by themselves. Params seemed fine when tested and this was a brand new cycled tank.
  12. C

EBJD health problems - AGAIN!

Thats a bummer. Sorry for your loss man. It sucks... especially because yours was 5". From what I have read they are more prone to internal parasite when they are about 2" - 3". I just dont understand.... As far as I see once they fall sick... its very hard to get them back to be normal.... some...
  13. C

Thats a good sign.. Keep trying.. u can also try adding some salt... as I noticed that it helped a bit..... however keep good aeration... Keep me posted. After my loss of 4 EBJDS I dont want anyone to lose theirs and will keep trying to gather as much info to see what seems to be the best course...
  14. C

Just curious on how your EBJD is doing?
  15. C

Sorry to note about your problem. My 4 EBJDs all died like that. I read treating them with Melafix and trying Maracyn2. Keep me posted as I would like to help and also know what treatments work... Keep trying to Metronidazole
  16. C

brand new convicts

40 G should be ok if they are the only pair.... as far as orange.... how big are yours? I have seen the orange when they are as small as 1 - 1.5". I assume these are the regular black convicts?
  17. C

New member with sick fish.

I have read about feeding garlic to fishes.. how does that work? Just take the regular garlic? I have also heard about Garlic Guard? How exactly does this work? Do you soak the fish food in it and give? Any drawbacks?
  18. C

Sorry to hear about your loss... I am not sure what else to do.. looking at your picture it did seem like the bloat was issue.... I just read somewhere else to use Metronidazole and dissolve that... So overall I guess various medications but its a hit or miss..... Check how the other fishes...
  19. C

Well my friend.. it does look like bloat and internal parasite issue.. ofcourse all my fish died and hence I could be wrong... but the pictures of your fish resemble a lot like my EBJD. However I did not notice any white spots (i was not looking for them though). I did have white stingy feces...
  20. C

Yup.. if they are still eating Metronidazole would be best.. My fishes never ate and it was an option i could not use..
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store