Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

10 Gallon Reef Tank

Anybody have pics of their 10gal nano. I will post a few soon. Added a sps frag and and zoos today. I will probably add green polyps and shrooms next week.
  2. A

Orders From Vivid Aquarium

I recently ordered dry goods from them. Don't know about the livestock. No complaints here.
  3. A

10 Gallon Reef Tank

Here is what I have started been running for 5 weeks with lr, ls, 5 hermits, and a yellow tail damsel 10gal 20 lbs of Live Fiji pink sand 15lbs of Fiji Live Rock 50w heater Aquaclear 50gal HOB / which is going to be converted to a fuge this weekend 96 watt power compacts going to...
  4. A

Bristle Worms

Do Bristle Worms eat small blue hermits. A lot of empty shells started to pop up around one of my pieces of rock. I took out a flashlight and found a rather large bristle worm. I thought that they were peacefull? Thanks
  5. A

Need help with Coral Beauty

Max - thanks for the advice. Added the cleaner shrimp tonight and he or she went to work. My Coral has been with him or her for an hour now. I hope this and the garlic helps. I did lose my green goby this morning. Thanks
  6. A

Would adding a neon goby and cleaner shrimp to the tank help? Thanks
  7. A

Thanks - I purchased the garlic yesterday and started to add a couple of drops to their food. My only problem now is that my fish will not eat the food that is mixed with the Garlic. I attempted last night and this morning. I feed flake in the morning and frozen brine or frozen angel mix in...
  8. A

I am going to run to my lfs and see about the garlic remedy. Thanks for all of the help tank set up for 6-7 weeks salinity 1.25 PH 8.2 ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 15
  9. A

For anyone who can help...for the past day, my Coral Beauty has been scratching its head on the side of my live rock. I can not find any damage, but I am concerned that it might have a parasite of some sort. I can isolate it in a 10 gallon tank. What sould I do? Should I be concerned...
  10. A

question about water

That is what I did. I also have a 29gal tank and used tap water to fill my tank. Cycled for 4 weeks with live rock and switched from cc to live sand. I use ro water from lfs to top off and mixed saltwater for water changes. I ran into problems early on in the cycle, but after 4 weeks...
  11. A

Green Clown Goby & Pistol Shrimp

Can these two form a bond? I would like to place a Tiger Pistol in my tank. I already have a Green Clown Goby. Thanks 30gal fowlr 1 Coral Beauty 1 Six Line Wrasse 1 Bi-Color Blenny 1 Green Clown Goby 1 Green Chromis 10 hermits
  12. A

Starting a 10gallon Nano tank...

Nevermind - I am going with 94 watts
  13. A

Crushed coral switching to sand, help needed

I have a 29gal long tank and I swapped the CC for live sand within two days. It was really easy and I didn't encounter a sand storm. I removed 40 lbs. of CC with my fish net and let the tank settle overnight. All I did was move my lr to each side of the tank as I removed the cc. The next day...
  14. A

Starting a 10gallon Nano tank...

I am also setting up a ten gallon nano. Does anyone have suggestions of proper lighting and brands. I know that 40 watts is the minimum. What is the max?
  15. A

Pistol Shrimp

Thanks for the response. I have a 30 gal long with a Coral Beauty, Green Goby, Bi-color Blenny, Green Chromis, and Six Line Wrasse. All seem to be doing very well. I have reached my fish stocking max, so I would like to add a shrimp that will not get picked on.
  16. A

Pistol Shrimp

Does anyone here have a favorite pistol shrimp. I would like to add one to my fwlr tank in the future. I think that they add a lot of character to any tank. Thanks
  17. A

Crushed coral is a problem waiting to happen

You guys are right on the money. The matter that was building in my cc has caused my nitrates to spike. That is probably why my snails died. My fish are ok, but I am starting the process of removing the cc. I also went to my lfs and purchased saltwater inorder to do a water change of 15%...
  18. A

Great...should I keep the filter running in the tank that is being replaced with sand?
  19. A

What is the propers process of removing the crushed coral from a tank, especially if already set up with fish and live rock. Is it possible to catch the fish and move them to a temporary tank for a few days and get rid of the CC. Will this cause a good deal of shock? And how long will the...
  20. A

Neon Dottyback

Ok...well I have had a few gallons of tap water sitting in a bucket for the past two weeks. I can do my usual tests for ammonia and nitrates, but how does one know if any chlorine or metals are present?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store