Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. $

Added smaller clownfish to tank with existing clownfish.

another update. the second clown has been in the tank for 2 full days now, and everything is going great! There is no more bullying what so ever, and the two clownfish sleep together at night. I hope they are pairing up!
  2. $

well, I have an update. The smaller clown has been in the tank for 1 day now, and things are looking great. I watched them at night with my moon lights, and they slept very close to each other, at the surface of the water. The farthest apart that I saw them get from each other at night was...
  3. $

now the lights are off and they are about to sleep or already sleeping. the fish are "sleeping" very close together, is that a good thing? Only every sometime the bigger one will push the smaller on away, and then continue sleeping around. Is this a good sign often?
  4. $

does that mean most likely that one is male and one will become a female, or can they both just as well be females? Thanks!
  5. $

Well I went along and did it. I acclimated the fish for around 35 mns or so. The clown that I already had is about 2 inches and pretty tall, and the new one that I put in is around 1.5 inches, or maybe a tiny bit smaller. So, I put the clown in the tank finally. The chasing starts and the bigger...
  6. $

Small 10 Gallon, what fish?

ok. thanks.
  7. $

Alright, I will look into killifish. Also, why do you say not a betta?
  8. $

Yes, it does have a small whisper 10 power filter. Yes, it is cycled. It has been running for a long time, I just cleaned it out real good, and kept some of the old water, and replaced the rest with new water. Are there any cool coldwater fish, because I would rather not get a heater, unless I...
  9. $

Hey guys, So I just got a small 10 gallon freshwater setup from some friends who have abandoned it. I washed it and all, and it has a few fish in it right now. It has a zebra danio, and two that I don't know; they are kinda clear with a big black stripe going from head to tail, and one...
  10. $

Anemone in my tank?

Alright, I'll wait for the answers of others. thanks. its been up about a year, or a little more.
  11. $

Anemone in my tank?

Hi guys, I have a 20 gallon tall, and I know that's a bit on the small side for anemones in general. I was just wondering if I could keep some type of anemone until it outgrew my tank, and I would prefer it to be an anemone that commonly is host to clownfish. I have a 2x65 watt PC set up on...
  12. $

Which hydor koralia powerhead for a 20tall?

well, I ended up getting the koralia 1, because they had only that at petsmart, who does the pricematch. They had it priced as $39.99, but I did a price match, and got it for $20! So far, I like it a lot, and it seems to give enough flow. Maybe later on I'll get another koralia 1 or something...
  13. $

Whats this I found in Rock?

imo it looks like a brittle star also. I have hundreds of these legs sticking out of holes all over my tank.
  14. $

New lighting question...

If I did change to 1 10,000K and 1 50/50, or both 10,000Ks, will I notice a big difference in the color of my corals? Will it put me from low medium light to higher light, or will it be the same roughly? Thanks
  15. $

How to read visi-therm stealth numbers...?

oh haha i over thought it : ) my bad haha
  16. $

How to read visi-therm stealth numbers...?

I am just a bit unsure how to read the numbers and set the temp to how I would like. It is a big space with a number, and then the line, and it repeats. It's just a bit confusing imo. Help appreciated! Thanks!
  17. $

Which hydor koralia powerhead for a 20tall?

I am looking to replace my aquaclear powerhead with a hydor koralia powerhead. I was thinking either a nano or a 1; what do you guys think? This tank, atleast imo, cannot be called a reef tank, but I do have some basic corals such as mushrooms, xenia, and am getting a duncan coral tomorrow. I...
  18. $

New lighting question...

well I am thinking of changing one of yhe bulbs to a 10000k. That would put me at around 100 watts of 10000k and 30 watts of actinic; where do you think that would put me, and would you recommnd I do that? Would I lose a lot of color from the corals due to the 10000k instead of the actinic...
  19. $

New lighting question...

Hi guys, So I have a DIY hood that i have made, and I am swapping out my lights in it. Currently, I have a 15 watt t5 bulb, and 2 coralife 20 watt 50/50 bulbs in it; 55 watts of lighting in it. I just purchased some PC lights, and am going to swap them out for the current lights either...
  20. $

Pink Pom Pom Xenia

Today I purchased some pink pom pom xenia frags more my tank. I have a few questions; first of all, do you guys think that the xenia should do fine in my 20 high with 55watts of compact fluorescent lighting, and, do I need to feed it anything special or add any other chemicals or additives or...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store