Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. ltopper

Pictures Anyone?

"V", I see that you do 80% weekly water changes....that's alot for a 125 gal. Do you think that I could get away with less of a weekly change going with the 2 Fluval Fx5 filters? The plan is for no more than 5 fancies (all orandas or a mix of pearlscale and orandas). No plans for live...
  2. ltopper

Pictures Anyone?

Lovely tanks! Thanks for sharing. What size aquariums do you have? I have read that the fancy varieties of goldfish should have a tank which is longer and not as high due to the fact that they swim slower? BUT....I would think that if food is fed pre-soaked and drops to the bottom that they...
  3. ltopper

Pictures Anyone?

22 views and no one has pics to share :tropicalfish: Bummer Well...Happy Easter to everyone.
  4. ltopper

Pictures Anyone?

Hi guys.......I'm coming over from the SW forums. I'm picking up my 125 gal tank on Monday. It will be the future home to a few fancy goldfish (orandas, maybe pearlscales). Substrate will be sand.....few "fake" plants, and maybe a decoration or two of somesort (still figuring all that out). I...
  5. ltopper

Hunger Strike Continues........

Hi Grins..... Thanks for the response. They said the tang was eating Nori that was clipped in the tank.......I don't have a large pvc piece as this is the largest fish I've brought home and my other pices are small. I'll make a trip to the hardware store though and see about getting a...
  6. ltopper

Hunger Strike Continues........

The yellow tang I have had in my 30gal q-tank since last Saturday still has not eaten (to my knowledge). For 2 days he/she stayed in a corner....looked pale and I noticed a very small spot on one of the pectoral fins (may have been there from the beginning and I never noticed it). After two days...
  7. ltopper

my newest member to the tank! pics soon!

Ok, I guess I do owe everyone an apology. I'm not used to these forums really and I "thought" I saw/read a new post about this subject matter this morning when I went to check out new postings. This is the second time I've done this......and it was a simple mistake. I see that my last post was...
  8. ltopper

Ummmmmm this sounds all too familiar. Wasn;t there a post by someone about a week ago who did the same thing.....no proper acclimation, no quarantine, and thought it was neat how the fish "played" while chasing one another??? Is it me or was there not a post just like this? I sometimes wonder if...
  9. ltopper

New Tank Pics

Looks nice! I love the mis-barred clows...been seeing them alot and I like how unique and individual they look. Someone told me that's from alot of cross breeding? No matter...I think they're adorable!
  10. ltopper

Which Angel...

I would say the Flame or Coral Beauty. But...with both of those large tangs and the other fishmates....I would think there'd be no more room in a 90 gal. (JMO) I too have heard that alot of CB will hide alot and are more shy. I have had 2.......the last one would openly swim around the tank...
  11. ltopper

Question For The Yellow Tang Owners

Thanks to everyone who wrote back with a reply.....I still have the Nori in the tank and it look like maybe he/she's eaten some but it could just be breasking up and the filter is sucking it in. No interest in food as of yet but this morning I am trying Spirulina Frozen Brine Shrimp (can you...
  12. ltopper

Hi Damon..... Boy I hope you're right. The tang really was a great deal.....why it was so hard to pass up. I am making a trip to That Pet Place later today and I always pass the yellow tangs (love that bright color!) but knew I'd need a larger one to stand up to my tankmates. But the...
  13. ltopper

Hello again....... Well, after 2 yrs, I made my first impulse buy (sort of). I went to Petco with a friend last night and could not pass up the 5+" Yellow Tang they had for $35. I know my tank is suitable (size/tankmates) but I was so trying to stear clear of tangs for the fear of ich...
  14. ltopper

What do you do for work?

I'm a professional dog groomer, raise and show our standard poodles and handle other breeds. And for those who fall over laughing at the exaggerated sprayed up hair styles the poodles must show in....first off, I agree! lol BUT, the "cut" actually served a purpose when the breed originated in...
  15. ltopper

Well...."some" folks might actually think that they are playing (and not fighting for territory...or their lives!) LOL We've all made mistakes......good grief I have BUT...33 gal is sooo small for all those poor fish! Yowsers....and no one said it (don;t think) but can we all say "Quarantine". :o)
  16. ltopper

Some Pics To Share

I just wanted to add that I was in no way implying that ALL wrasses are "perfect angels". I was actually joking around with my last post. My own wrasse seems to act different from others I've heard of but I have only had him a year. I have read alot on the Moon Wrasse and do know the facts (one...
  17. ltopper

Showstoppers

ACE....these shots are incredible!! I'm so jealous!!! :o)
  18. ltopper

Showstoppers

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh pretty!!! I'm not brave enough to start getting into corals yet (not am I ready to spend the $$ needed to do so with my size tank...now I just have some PC lighting)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store