Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

Lionfish with fin rot

I'm not sure what you mean. Ich doesn't look like fuzz; it looks like grains of salt or sugar. This was cottony white fuzz just on the edges of the fish's fins.
  2. A

Lionfish with fin rot

It wasn't in that condition when we purchased it. Two days after we brought it home, it started developing the fuzz on its fins.
  3. A

Lionfish with fin rot

Yeah, it was definitely fin rot and not just tears or holes, which I know are common in lionfish. Ammonia was zero, nitrite was zero, nitrate was zero. We tried treating it with methylene blue, but he passed away last night anyway. The fish store won't do anything about it... last time I...
  4. A

Lionfish with fin rot

Suggestions on the best way to treat fin rot in a lionfish? The water quality is perfect, and he's the only critter in the tank. We just got him a few days ago.
  5. A

Algae w/worms??? Help please!!

It's probably planaria. They're harmless, and your fish will eat them. Sometimes they can be a sign of poor water quality, though, so you might want to test for nitrates and nitrites.
  6. A

ohhhh Petco

Wow - the Petsmart that I worked at doesn't have that sticker.
  7. A

narrowed down my stocking choices!!

IMO, it would be okay to split the cories up, because they will school with other species (although they'll school more with their own). However, nothing looks quite as cool as a giant school of panda cories all swimming around together - I know, I had 12! - so I'd say, go with all pandas...
  8. A

Etiquette Question...

I'm actually looking forward to changing my name to my future husband's... I'll be going from one that everyone struggles to spell/pronounce to... Thompson!
  9. A

Etiquette Question...

While we're on the subject of wedding etiquette... I'm getting married next summer, and in lieu of favors, which are cute and sometimes thoughtful, but a lot of people don't really *care* about them anyway, we want to take the money we'd spend on them and donate to a one or two of our...
  10. A

Why did my Lemon Tetra die? *pic*

Lemon tetras are supposed to have red eyes. I'd be concerned about one who didn't. :) http://www.rendezvuonline.com/fish/Lemon%20Tetra%203.JPG
  11. A

Why did my Lemon Tetra die? *pic*

That looks like a normal Lemon Tetra eye to me..
  12. A

A Hayseed's dream trip (personal account)

Wow, FishSeller, since you survived that, I gotta tell you... Pretty funny story. ;)
  13. A

how many GF's

I feel the need to stick up for feeder goldfish. :) My parents have one in their pond who is now 7 years old and over a foot long. She has had babies and grandbabies, and despite her "common" roots, her offspring are beautiful. She is also everyone's favorite of the pondfish, as she's always the...
  14. A

fish bad Luck Myth

From a feng shui (the very kings and queens of luck!) point of view, fish and water features in general are extremely lucky.
  15. A

Cories in with a fancy GF?

Cories and goldfish can be done as long as the goldfish isn't big enough to eat the cories. Fancy goldfish do well up to 75* (although they'll grow much faster at these temps), and some cories (particularly the albinos/greens) do well down to 72* (sometimes even lower). My parents have a three...
  16. A

Hermit crabs

My little secret - go to a craft store, like Michael's. You can buy little shells by the bag, just make sure you get the ones that haven't been painted, and wash them well before adding them to the tank.
  17. A

Anemone - Help!

So far, it looks most like this one: http://occasionaltourist.com/gallery/images/192.jpg
  18. A

Suggestions for Peaceful SE Asian Community

I've never seen them as big as 1.5". The ones we'll be getting are about 1", and they're also very very thin. These guys are smaller than neon tetras, and not many people would think twice about putting that many neons in a tank that size. Plus, the tank will be very heavily planted, and...
  19. A

Anemone - Help!

I don't really see any structures on its tentacles that might be called "bubbles." Are there any good websites for identifying anemones?
  20. A

Anemone - Help!

I was given an anemone today for my 20g long (soon to be upgraded to a 65 gallon) saltwater tank. The tank's been set up for a few months, with three spotted cardinals, about 20lbs of live rock, a turbo snail, and a couple of itty bitty hermit crabs. The live rock was supposedly "mostly...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store