Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. aquariageek

Extensive African Dwarf Frog Article - Revised

ADF's will float lazily at the surface so they can breath without swimming up and down. This is perfectly normal. As long as he does not have any wounds you can see just let him relax :)
  2. aquariageek

before and after planted 10g

I also would like to know if that is a stock fluorescent or screw in CF's. I really appreciate this thread. It shows that by using plain gravel and normal lighting you can achieve quite a nice scape. Naturally, you aren't going to get a dutch aquascape that will make people at APC drool-- but...
  3. aquariageek

20 pics of my 350g Cichlid Tank

I always see those driftwood pieces in the LFS and think... who has a tank that big...?! Now I know... :-)
  4. aquariageek

getting fed up with DIY CO2...

Mellow- I hope this is not redundant for you... however... What I have done is made a small hole in the bottle cap, that is slightly smaller then the tube. Then, I cut the bottom of the tube at an angle to create a "sharp" end. Then, I use pliers to pull the tube through the hole. That itself...
  5. aquariageek

stocking question

I have a 20 L with a festivum and 6 bloodfin tetras. He poked around at them the first night, and they began to school. Now he doesn't bother them. He just taps his nose on the feeding lid to bother me when he is hungry. Just my $0.02...
  6. aquariageek

Tree Frogs and other critters

Ouch. Thanks for the great info-- I'll create a new thread when I start constructing the viv-- and I'll wait a bit before buying any fauna. :)
  7. aquariageek

I assume the FB toad and FB newt don't mix due to the toxins... I have seen the LFS house them together but they have a hardcore filtration system.
  8. aquariageek

Just Tested Water Need Help!

BigDylan, Try using AmmoChips or AmmoCarb (AmmoCarb has both carbon and AmmoChips). If you can get some of this from the pet store and run it in a filter or power head it should lower your ammonia. It has worked for me in the past. If you stick it out and keep up with the PWC's you will be...
  9. aquariageek

fir-bellies!

Could we see pics? Pllllleeeasssee? :) :):grinyes:
  10. aquariageek

*sigh* I figured... I hoped you would respond... you seem to be the resident tree frog expert ;-) So I guess if that is the case then I should stick with firebelly toads/newts? Are they at all nice to watch in a viv? Will they croak/bark at night (I would like that!) Thanks :)
  11. aquariageek

Bought my Dad a 5g tank

I second white clouds-- especially the golden white clouds. They stay small and are very active. (Sometimes borderline hyper-active!)
  12. aquariageek

I stumbled upon an old 20G Long as well as a nice pile of flagstone. I want to make a viv with a nice waterfall using the flagstone. I am trying to decide on critters. I have read all of the threads here, and consulted the LFS. The LFS said my plans for the viv would be awesome for the green...
  13. aquariageek

turtles......

Okay, I also saw you mentioned alligators, so I had to post this. I know a gentleman who bought an alligator at a LFS. Long story short, his brother was feeding him and dropped a light in the tank. Zap! He thought the gator was dead, so he tossed him in the woods. His brother, who bought the...
  14. aquariageek

turtles......

I know this does not answer your question directly, however, Federal Law requires that any Turtle purchased must have a shell of at least 4". Interestingly, I have seen people with the ones that fit in your palm who bought them in stores at the beach, and they are quite small and seem like what...
  15. aquariageek

my filter rattled and died - help

If your bio-wheel has stopped turning due to a malfunction you should put it in the tank and let it float there so it does not dry out. If it does you will lose the beneficial bacteria. There may be something stuck in your impeller. You actually can take it apart to find whatever is in there...
  16. aquariageek

Coralife COLORMAX bulb

After re-doing the aquascape and adding fish to my 20L, I decided to get a new bulb. I replaced my GE Freshwater bulb which emitted a sort of orange-ish-pink light with a Coralife COLORMAX bulb. I was excited to put it in, but when I put it in and fired it up, the light was VERY dim. Does...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store