Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. D

Breeding Temp for Convicts

Get rid of the 2 male convicts if you really don't want more babies. Cant really comment on the temperature idea, but I think convicts are such prolific breeders it would take a drastic temperature drop to stop them breeding but you would only be putting their health at risk, a temperature...
  2. D

BIG O in pond project

hahaha gotta love it!
  3. D

breeding kribs

:screwy:
  4. D

Starting to plan my tank..help needed

thanks everyone. I think thats a really good idea dent20, I think i might get a texas, oscar, JD and a red devil(could be risky) all 2" juvies and just see what happens, I might get lucky, or I might not but I can easily take any bullys back to my LFS if I need to..but I think getting them all...
  5. D

German Rams in a 10 Gallon

Your tank looks perfect for a dwarf puffer :) but its up to you, I think a ram might be touch and go... Your tank looks awesome by the way!
  6. D

thanks for your thoughts everyone, as I say I have a while yet before I take the plunge so plenty of time to decide, I really like Red Devils but I know they can be very aggressive so I might pass on getting one, I also love jaguar cichlids, do they get along with oscars? Maybe 1 oscar and 1 jag...
  7. D

thanks Scott, I don't what kind of filtration Im going with yet, any suggestions? I have a good 9 months to plan my set-up so theres no rush...
  8. D

Hey, next year in june(tax return) Im planning on setting up a 72"x24"x24" tank, first off how many gallons is that? Im leaning towards a central/south american cichlid tank but Im still open to an African setup.. Red devils, Oscars, Texas cichlids, Jack dempsey, Black Belt cichlids and Green...
  9. D

Help me please :( Angel not eating, water is perfect

I dont know much about angelfish, what are your ammoina, nitrite and nitrate readings?
  10. D

new to cichlids (variety)

hey toodleypops..I think you need to read and take note of the comments other people have made and definitely reconsider those stocking lists. Personally in a 55 gal I would do either a pair of firemouths or blue acaras with some dithers, dithers are usually a school of fast moving fish like...
  11. D

MISSING FISH?

yeh keep looking, fish seem to find places to hide that might not seem obvious to you..is there literally no gaps for fish to jump out the tank?, bearing in mind they can fit through a very small opening.
  12. D

Sound like a plan?

yeh ive heard a 20 long is fine for cons until they get over 4 inches or so, even then you could probably get away with it maybe. But i just wanna give them some more space, does anyone know how many years it takes a con to grow to full size 5 or 6 inches?
  13. D

Sound like a plan?

Hey everyone ive got a few questions any advice would be great. Ive got my convict pair in a 20 long by themselves, the male is 2" and the female is 1 3/4". I will be looking upgrade to a 36x18x18 tank (~190L), next year in july when I get my tax return :), will that be ok to house them in for...
  14. D

First set of Convict babies

I have a pair of cons in a 20 long too. I do plan on upgrading to a larger tank in the future, I know they only reach 5-6 inches but will their growth be at all stunted in a 20G? How many years does it take a convict to reach full size, like 5 or 6 inches?
  15. D

Sexing Black Convicts

my female is 1" and is looking like she is ready to spawn..her belly has some nice pink and shes got some really intense black and white stripes. I think you could sex them at 3/4 inch definitely at 1 inch :) Also have a look at their fins..the males have pointed dorsal fins and females have...
  16. D

Dwarfs

yeh no more cichlids..if you want add some more fish, try something fast moving like some rosy barbs or zebra danios :)
  17. D

Can anyone help me out with my convicts?

well I came home today and found that my male has paired up with one of the females and now that female is displaying quite brilliant coulors and both the male and the female swim around together and attack the other 2 females..so Im fairly sure ive got a pair :-) its only a matter of time...
  18. D

German blue ram bottom-bound

Hey..I wouldnt get overly worried at this point..as long as she is eating and is alert and moving this sounds normal to me..rams like to occupy the bottom of the tank so thats normal. Is she swimming ok besides the fact shes sticking to the bottom? Or is she staying in the same place/appear to...
  19. D

Yeh a 20 long will be fine for a long time, but eventually when they reach say 4+ inches personally I think they would enjoy a bigger tank, I plan on getting at least a 55 gallon or bigger in June next year when I get my tax return :) but for now im saving up hard for a car :grinyes: As for...
  20. D

What size should I let the cons grow to until I get a 40 or 55 gal? They are between 1 and 1.5 inches now. thanks for your help everyone :)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store