Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. park83

African cichlids, angels, discus same tank

If you had a 50 ft long tank I'm sure they'd find their own territories. :p:
  2. park83

New 55g community tank, and lost :)

Agree! Gouramis are great fish! One would certainly be happy in a 55g, too. I've never had good luck with the dwarf ones. The 2 or 3 i've had do great for a few months then just die. I hear there is a common virus that affects them. Its a shame though - they are cool little fish.
  3. park83

a fish dies every day help

Were the river rock used in any landscaping, etc... before you put them in the tank? Usually river rock aren't a problem (I have them in my pond), but if they had been sprayed with weed killers or insecticides a lot, it could leech out and do damage. Best bet on river rock is straight from...
  4. park83

Electric Yellow with Purple Face

I have an Electric Yellow who is the biggest of the bunch in the tank. For the past couple days, the whole one side of his face is now purple. A pretty deep purple. Any idea what this is? Also, I did notice this a few months ago too but it wasn't as dark. Thanks!
  5. park83

Malawi Cichlids + Rainbow Shark?

He is calming down now. I haven't seen him chase for a day or two. If the mbuna get to close to his territory he'll occasionally pop his head out at them and they'll move away a little. Overall it seems to be better, they seem to respect his territory and he seems to respect them.
  6. park83

Yeah, I have a feeling that once the malawis get bigger they won't take his crap, but if they are too stressed in the meantime they might not make it that long...
  7. park83

Any thoughts?
  8. park83

I recently set up a 55 gallon tank for Malawis. I have a 29 gallon planted tank that I had to remove my rainbow shark from because he was stressing most of the fish in it due to his aggressive behavior - especially any new comers. I put him in the new 55 gal to help cycle it - i'd also...
  9. park83

Wrinkled new growth on giant hygro

Cool, thanks
  10. park83

The potash just gets dissovled in water, then add to the tank?
  11. park83

ah ok Any other way i can dose potassium? I don't think my local stores carry flourish potassium. They do have Tetra Florapride though, which i believe is potassium and iron. Would that work?
  12. park83

I agree after researching this symptom. However, the only question I have is... why did these plants grow great for 2 months and now all of the sudden i am seeing this?
  13. park83

Must be between this and the potassium. I did just replace one of my bulbs - so it could be the change in light.
  14. park83

29 gal. tank stock *URGENT*

For centerpiece fish, get a gourami (three spot, blue, pearl). They are really cool fish. I used to have a nice 3 spot. For background, you could go with danios, other types of tetras, or white clouds, but you'll have to keep your water temp on the lower range of the tropical side (70-75F)...
  15. park83

Sorry, didnt load quick enough. I edited the post though, they are up now.
  16. park83

Lighting is 96W of T5. Attached are some pics showing the whole tank, a couple plants with the wrinkled leaves, and the pinholes forming on some leaves. Thanks
  17. park83

Does anybody know the cause of this? It has been growing great in my tank up until about a week ago. I also have some small pinholes forming on the old growth - from what I understand indicates a potassium deficiency. I just started dosing flourish 2x/week, and I dose flourish iron...
  18. park83

Some photos of my 29g

Progression Here's a series of photos showing the progression over the past 2 months. I think i'm hitting the point right now where my trace elements and potassium are low - got pinholes and old growth doesn't seem to be doing as well. I am going to start dosing Flourish.
  19. park83

Notice weird growth on driftwood.

I don't think they are an issue unless you are raising fry...but I think aquarium salt and/or increasing water changes will help. Not sure if the DIY CO2 would help. But certainly run it through another bottle to keep everything clean. Check valves are a great idea too!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store