Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. dougie

Foreground plants...

Hi all. I am looking for a foreground plant for my 29 gallon tank. I have a 20 watt light, co2, small gravel, but no fertalizer. I am thinking about possible crystalwort (riccia fluitans), dwarf hairgrass, or glossostigma. I want a hardy plant that forms a nice lush carpet. Thank you.
  2. dougie

I want a shark.........can i get two different kinds ?

Bala shark gets too big for a 50 gallon. In a bigger tank however, it would be fine. Note also that balas are schooling fish.
  3. dougie

Right Substrate?

Thanks. Should I put some kind of fertalizer in my gravel?
  4. dougie

Right Substrate?

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if my substrate is okay for my tank. It is dark blue gravel. None of the pieces are more than 2.5 mm in circumfrence. My plants are most definatly growing, but I would like to be sure that it will be okay. Also, I am hoping to get dwarf hairgrass in the near future...
  5. dougie

Serious shrimp problem!

My friend has a betta and a few amano shrimp in a three gallon tank. The betta is getting really agressive and is trying to nip at the shrimp sometime. However, its hard to tell if the betta is seriously attempting to hurt them. My friend just noticed that one of the shrimp has the lower section...
  6. dougie

Cleaning my tank...

but if it is almost 100% covered in a foreground plant such as dwarf hairgrass....what then?
  7. dougie

Does anyone actually find that using a python saves time?

For me, the python is great in vacuuming the gravel, but I have a really old sink so it is impossible for me to get a descent consistent temperature so i refill my tank with a 2.5 gallon bucket. I fill that in the bathtub. In the end, it takes about 15 minutes to do the whole process (29 gallon...
  8. dougie

Cleaning my tank...

Hi everyone. I was wondering the other day about how I could vacuum my gravel if it was covered in a plant. My LFS owner said the plant would take in what sinks to the bottom and it wouldnt be a problem. Is this true? Thanks in advance.
  9. dougie

Cleaning my tank....

OOO, this was in saltwater...LOL my bad
  10. dougie

Cleaning my tank....

Hi everyone. Im interested in a plant called dwarf hairgrass. I was wondering about how I would vacuum my gravel if it is covered in this. The guy at the LFS says if I have dwarf hairgrass, it will take in the stuff at the bottom and use it so I won't have to worry about vacuuming. Is this true?
  11. dougie

betta hardiness?

I would say 8-10 hours. JORSH
  12. dougie

blue dolphin shark

I have never heard of such a thing. Maybe it was just a odd name for another fish. Can you describe what it looked like?
  13. dougie

Pregnant fish?

Hi everyone. I have 5 pink glow danios in my 29 gallon tank. I realized one was far fatter than the others. It has a pretty big round belly. I came into the room the other day and I saw it in my cave twitching. I came back 20 minutes later, it was no longer in the cave. In its place were black...
  14. dougie

Amano Shrimp...

Hi all. I have two questions about amano shrimp. First off, do they need heat. Also, would the get eaten by boesmani rainbows, red tail sharks, glow danios, BN plecos, or paradise fish? Thanks.
  15. dougie

Finally...Pix of my tank!!!!

Thank you all. I use some kinda olympus SLR. BTW, they are hot pink glow danios and I also have never heard of them anywhere else...They are awsome. Hey...maybe we got them in the same place...House of Fins, Greenwich CT...
  16. dougie

Thank you. Anyone else?
  17. dougie

Hello. I finally got some pics of my tank. My tank is not fully developed yet, as in my plants and fish aren't fully grown. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy! http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u10/dougefresh9922/
  18. dougie

African Butterfly Tankmates

I think it should be fine, its just if you put in neons or guppies....toodles:)
  19. dougie

Overstocking?

Hi everyone. I need to know if I am overstocked. Well, I know I am, but my fish are 100% healthy, happy, and no agression problems have occured. Most importantly, my water params are perfect. This is what I have...29 gallon tank, planted -1 red tail shark (3+ inches) -3 boemani rainbowfish...
  20. dougie

Planted tank book...

Hi. I have recently stumbled upon some books by a man name takashi amano (amano shrimp named after him) and I am considering buying one of his books. Does anyone reccomend a certain book by him? Thank you.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store