Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. jayghmi

my valentini puffer jumped to his/her death!!

Thanks everyone. I love DYI, my problem is time. I will check out the link and if I come up with something different I will post it.
  2. jayghmi

good idea - I hope it has enough oomph to stay flat, or work without building a frame? Off to home depot!
  3. jayghmi

I am very sad that last night my favorite fish a valentini puffer jumped to his death. My 46 bow is over three years old and I have lost too many fish to jumping. Because of the way my lights are attached 4 inches above the water the glass top just doesn't work well. The glass blocks light...
  4. jayghmi

My 90

amazing!
  5. jayghmi

How did I miss that???

Check out this site for identification http://www.melevsreef.com/id/ it has a great catalog of many things you would find in a tank. I am not sure if it will have your gray/blue goo thing - not sure what that could be. The Stomatella snails are amazing. I remember the first time I saw the...
  6. jayghmi

How did I miss that???

I am not sure what you are looking at (picture)...do they stick out a long thread like a fishing line? The glass anemones are not a big deal. They actually are good phosphate eaters according to my LFS. I have had 3 or 4 for the last 6 months - just kinda of watching to see if they get out of...
  7. jayghmi

Chef Color Coral

The answer would be NO you can not do that! Never add a foreign substance (including supplements) into your tank, unless you have done a ton of research. If you want to change the color of you corals and the look of the tank, the only way would be to change the Kelvin scale in the lights you...
  8. jayghmi

Guide me!

One of the great things about this hobby is that there is rarely one right answer. Personally I think live rock is the most important part of a tank. I have a reef tank with only two fish - the fish for me are just to add to the corals and aqua scape. Some of my greatest joy in building my...
  9. jayghmi

Guide me!

$4 per pound is very inexpensive for my area. I paid $10 3 years ago for live rock. I am in Western Michigan, so much of it was the cost of getting it here, plus it was amazing quality rock. There is a lot of different kinds of rock from a lot of different places in the world so don't buy it...
  10. jayghmi

Guide me!

You are a good man, but know what you are getting yourself into! My 3 year old tank is almost no work (I miss the work), but the beginning is a ton of work and there is always one more thing. Make sure she is committed and take your tiiiiimmmmmeeee. It took a year to fully build my tank. It...
  11. jayghmi

Tank clean up

depending on the substrate that you have it can be very bad from what I understand. A very fine sand when stirred up can release a lot of nasty stuff that is best left undisturbed.
  12. jayghmi

Please help - so confused!

Geez, that was a tough story, I hope it was the electricity and the problem is solved.
  13. jayghmi

Snails devoured my Pulsing Xenia's

I would buy those snails if they really existed!
  14. jayghmi

Wrasse and agressive fish

A yellow tail damsel is actually what I meant when I said a blue devil! Pound for pound I would stack it up against anything!
  15. jayghmi

The Groan, no Aquarist wants to hear!

Wow! That is amazing! Did the water leak all over the room? That is like the doomsday scenario.
  16. jayghmi

Stocking list for 90g Reef

I am not sure why no one has answered you, but you need to do some research. A dragonette is not even a possibility for a least a year IMO. My tank was two years old and crawling with "bugs" the dragonette cleaned it out in two months then died. least aggressive fish first! Build and add...
  17. jayghmi

My Puss!

That is amazing! I didn't know it was possible to keep one in a home tank.
  18. jayghmi

Wrasse and agressive fish

Blue Devil damsel "pound for pound" is a first place prize fighter!
  19. jayghmi

Ids again! More new stuff!

hitchhikers are one of the coolest things in the hobby IMO. I miss m y stometella snails!
  20. jayghmi

Green Hair Algae Removal

Just scrub it off with a new tooth brush and watch it. If it comes back just scrub it again - if your water is fine it will not continue to grow.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store