Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. aoscar

Ball Python or Bearded Dragon

I have 2 beardies , and 2 cornsnake. My vote is beardie, more active than snakes, love attention and handling, more fun all around. My dragons hang out on the couch with us for a couple hours every day, my male loves going for rides and basking on the dash! When you aren't holding them, they are...
  2. aoscar

WTB End the reign of endlers!

I have a colony of africans up for sale.
  3. aoscar

FS /ft 150gal- african cichlid colony-pu or ship (Grand Rapids, MI)

no one interested at all, I guess I can ship them. I got my new beardie so make an offer.
  4. aoscar

FS /ft 150gal- african cichlid colony-pu or ship (Grand Rapids, MI)

I am moving to Indianapolis in a few months and don't want to add a 150g african tank to the already hard job of loading up my house and legged animals. I would preffer to keep my tank (acrylic pre-drilled w built in overflow) but money talks, so the ideal person has an empty 75-150g tank in...
  5. aoscar

which do you prefer?

My wife always gripes me because I prefer a "lived in " looking tank to a freshly detailed one, so I thought I'd see what the AC family thoughts where on he subject. Don't get me wrong when I do a detail clean, it's lik watching HD (I like to call my 150gal african colony Fish Network!), but...
  6. aoscar

Shazli ....My killer Oscar

:iagree:you can have some odd tankmates with the right setup, provided they are to big to be eaten initially, of course the oscars' individual personality should also be factored in.
  7. aoscar

Shazli ....My killer Oscar

I had a breeding pair in a 75gal, with a few oddball fish(gouramis,silver dollars, and a fully grown plec) but I had about 1200 gph in filtration and had to do bi-weekly-double water changes(clean, fill, clean again for about a 150% water change) it's a lot of work, but possible nontheless. in...
  8. aoscar

nothing is better .....

at letting you know you have a healty tank like finding babies, I found a little zebra about a monnth or so ago and found another little guy last night (not sure of what he is yet) maybe a kenni ,or acei, I'll find out sooner or later. :thm::thm: free homegrown fishies are the best fishies!
  9. aoscar

Sun Catfish added

channel cats grow FAST. I had 4 go from 2" to 16" in 5 months.
  10. aoscar

There is a fish that eats poo...

tilapia are cichlids, nowhere near carp
  11. aoscar

Subterranean Cave Effect

either carve them or use GreatStuff, spray foam on your lid, then coat seal etc.
  12. aoscar

American and south african cichlids

I highly reccomend against doing that. Outside of the usual reasons(water quality, diff continents, etc., etc) the JD is far to aggressive. I know africans are by no means nice-tempered fish, but with a JD's potential size, appetite, attitude, and lack of respect for getting their fins nipped...
  13. aoscar

? Anybody's fish ever.... ?

My E.blue is about 6" and my Venustus is about 7 1/2" the butti about 9" and he let 2 comets live with him in a 55gallon for 6 months before moving in the BIG house. He may have buried one in it's cave I can't be sure though. as far as tank size, It's the 150 gallon listed in my sig. I did...
  14. aoscar

Zebra question

Yes, I have a few predators. I only have one fry in the tank, and I'm surprised it's made it this far. This would explain why over the past couple weeks most of my fish have been in the general area where I found the little guy, looks funny when you have about 15 fish on one side and 7 or so on...
  15. aoscar

HR669 ban on importation of many animals. PETITION!

Andrew White I also oppose bill HR669
  16. aoscar

? Anybody's fish ever.... ?

2 large haps, 1 elec blue and 1 venustus, and the worlds most easy going Butti, (Digger is NOT guilty of anything here I assure you) the missing fish would be about 3"-3 1/2"
  17. aoscar

Zebra question

I found a baby zebra in my tank yesterday (about3/4"), it has to be either an albino red top, or a red zebre (the orange ones) as these are the only fish I have multiples of, my question is how often do they cross-breed and what kind of brooders are they? and how many in a typical clutch? I have...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store